Upgrade my GPU

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I'm still new in this, I want to ask you a little and hopefully you guys can help ... :)

now I'm interested in asus mars II and wanted to buy it but I already have a GTX 590 and did not want to sell it, can i use both in one system? if i can, what should I do so both can work maximum? can it cause bottleneck? is there another way to avoid the bottleneck?

specifications that I use now :

Maximum 4 extrem-Z
2600k (not OC)
Corsair H100
16 gig ram
corsair 1200w gold series
gtx 590
HAF X
2x asus ML248H monitor

or maybe I should just wait for next-gen GPU?

I use this system only for gaming and do not have experience in overclock the CPU or GPU.

thanks in advance :)

Solution
I believe Robjordy is correct, you will have issues trying to sli a dual 580 and 590, the least of which is that (if you can accomplish a sli), the 590 will be slowing down the Mars II. The 590 is running at 630 MHz in sli, the Mars II is running two 580s in sli at 782 MHz. If the cards can be sli'd you'd have a monster, but with few apps that cane even touch the hardware. I'd save the $$ & wait for the 600 series next year.

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I just wanted to know if I can combine both in one system, because in my country there are only 3 mars II and must be booked in advance by paying an advance, I should quickly give a decision before it is given to someone else I also plan to add a monitor, or better I should wait for a next-gen GPU? thanks for read my post :)

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
a friend of mine told me that I could use one as PhysX, is that correct? I'm also thinking to wait for next gen because mars II here is very expensive, which makes me very interested is the design and capabilities mars II.

thanks for answering :)

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
I believe Robjordy is correct, you will have issues trying to sli a dual 580 and 590, the least of which is that (if you can accomplish a sli), the 590 will be slowing down the Mars II. The 590 is running at 630 MHz in sli, the Mars II is running two 580s in sli at 782 MHz. If the cards can be sli'd you'd have a monster, but with few apps that cane even touch the hardware. I'd save the $$ & wait for the 600 series next year.

Solution

Change you're 590 with my 560 and use the 560 for physx, i think that would be really best ! :D

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

unfortunately the distance between our countries are very far lol

No worries ; i'll pay the shipment !!! :lol:

Serious ; you could use the 590 for physx but that would really be a sin ! Using such a powerfull card only for physx is like using a Ferrari only to go to the supermarket or something. It's just not done. ( altough you can do it )

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

I shall consider, take time and effort to get stuff like this in my country :p

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

I live in Indonesia, Jakarta (maybe you've heard bali)
here all the stuff that comes from your country to be very expensive, probably more expensive about 20% -40% of the price that I see on Newegg :cry:

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

I'm also thinking of SLI, with lower costs but can be more powerful, with 3 monitors still possible overkill? thanks for answering :)

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

I thought you are from USA, thank you already visited the island of Bali
maybe you have better luck than me about the price :)

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I will consider suggestions from you all, SLI sounds more reasonable and less expensive, let's hope the GTX 590 is still available here.

I was greatly helped by the answers from you all, thank you for your time and your answer, I really appreciate it, I'm sure the next time I could ask back to you through this forum, again I say thank you:)

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

actually I'm not too concerned about the bottleneck as long as I can get maximum results from the performance of the card, maybe later I can find a safe and easy way to overclock the CPU, thanks a lot for your time robjordy and next time if you visit Bali, maybe you could send me message so maybe we could meet, best regard ;)