flyboyvft

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hello,I just recently upgraded my 10 year old PC from winxp to win7. I also upgraded the sound card and now need to get a efficient graphic card. Now I am not a big gamer in fact I haven't purchase a games in a number of years. however when some of the games that came with win7 software I found very poor performance with...lol "Solitaire". I like to view videos from the web and do productive work that requires graphics ex. antenna modeling and architectural planning and general building.. so I need a card that will display plans that are in the making. Can you suggest a decent card. Thanks

FLYBOYVFT

MY PC Specs. Dell 8300
Processor: Intel Pentium 4CPU 3GHz
Ram: 1GB
HDD: WDC WD 1200JD-75GBBO ATA
System Type: 32B OS

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
I wouldn't try to upgrade this rig for gaming unless you play very minimalist games. You could upgrade with a better graphics card, but don't expect to do any serious gaming unless you do some serious upgrades: mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU, etc. BTW you should list whether you have an AGP, PCI or PCIe interface if you want recommendations. If you could spend about $400 you could get a decent gaming rig that will handle all of your other tasks as well.

flyboyvft

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Chesteracorgi,

Thanks for the reply. Gaming is not an issue here. I do mostly productive work; anttenna modeling, plans drawing, photo work and sometime web vid viewing. As gamings goes, if basic games that came with Win7 worked smoothly I would be happy. No monsters to slay, no hyperdriven space vehicals, or world saving warfare battles.

Updated PC Specs:
MY PC Specs.
Dell 8300
Processor: Intel Pentium 4CPU 3GHz
Ram: 1GB
HDD: WDC WD 1200JD-75GBBO ATA
System Type: 32B OS
PCI Slots