PSP UMD movies...

Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30! Like
I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...
34 answers Last reply
More about movies

    "Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30!
    > Like I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...

    I posted something last month that showed they already had 2 movies that
    topped 100K so someone is buying them at that ridiculous price. Probably
    the same people who pay $30 for those stupid gameboy cartoon cartridges I
    guess.

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > Shrink and rip from Netflix has worked for me thus far.

    Filthy pirate.

    "Angel" <Angela7422@Yahoo.com> wrote

    > I thought I heard someone say that Sony is releasing a UMD player for the
    > home and also letting the PS3 play UMDs.

    Seems like the Minidisk all over again. I can't see trying to push the
    format for home use especially when it's a leap backwards from where TVs are
    going.

    Irrat8ed <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:
    > Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30! Like
    > I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...

    I have no idea what people are thinking if they're buying PSP movies for
    $30... At the local Target, they had Hellboy DVD for $15 next to the
    Hellboy UMD for $30. That makes no sense to me. Especially since you can
    rip your DVD to memory stick, and get the best of both worlds for half the
    price.

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > Seems like the Minidisk all over again. I can't see trying to push
    > the format for home use especially when it's a leap backwards from
    > where TVs are going.

    Mark the calendar, this is one of those rare times I agree with you
    Fredrica. But you never saw commercials for minidisk, where I've seen three
    different ads for new movies "coming soon on DVD and PSP". Unreal.

    -Z-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> Shrink and rip from Netflix has worked for me thus far.
    >
    > Filthy pirate.

    Rotten bitch.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Shrink and rip from Netflix has worked for me thus far.
    >>
    >> Filthy pirate.
    >
    > Rotten bitch.

    Typical response expected from a pirate. :(
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> Filthy pirate.
    >>
    >> Rotten bitch.
    >
    > Typical response expected from a pirate. :(

    Typical retort from a bitch.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <11au6c3eufm27cc@corp.supernews.com>,
    Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

    > Irrat8ed <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:
    > > Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30! Like
    > > I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...
    >
    > I have no idea what people are thinking if they're buying PSP movies for
    > $30... At the local Target, they had Hellboy DVD for $15 next to the
    > Hellboy UMD for $30. That makes no sense to me. Especially since you can
    > rip your DVD to memory stick, and get the best of both worlds for half the
    > price.

    I saw an ad for this past weekend at one of the chains, either CC or BB.

    They had the same movie on both formats for $15. Forget what it was but
    it released this past Tuesday.

    Was surprised because figured the UMD would be more.

    Still, UMD should be less than DVD, like about half, since it can only
    be played back on the PSP.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:53:07 -0000, Doug Jacobs
    <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

    >Irrat8ed <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:
    >> Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30! Like
    >> I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...
    >
    >I have no idea what people are thinking if they're buying PSP movies for
    >$30... At the local Target, they had Hellboy DVD for $15 next to the
    >Hellboy UMD for $30. That makes no sense to me. Especially since you can
    >rip your DVD to memory stick, and get the best of both worlds for half the
    >price.
    hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "skippy" <skippy@home.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:53:07 -0000, Doug Jacobs
    > <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Irrat8ed <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:
    >>> Now a million movies are coming out! Are you guys buying them? $30!
    >>> Like
    >>> I said, I'd do $10. They must be selling...
    >>
    >>I have no idea what people are thinking if they're buying PSP movies for
    >>$30... At the local Target, they had Hellboy DVD for $15 next to the
    >>Hellboy UMD for $30. That makes no sense to me. Especially since you can
    >>rip your DVD to memory stick, and get the best of both worlds for half the
    >>price.
    > hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    > when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.

    Most of those UMD's are $30 at every game store around.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <42af4345$1$90619$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> Shrink and rip from Netflix has worked for me thus far.
    >
    >Filthy pirate.

    Hes not a pirate if hes using his burned disc for his viewing only. He bought
    and paid for the rental and as long as hes not selling the disc he burns then
    its not being a pirate. Pirates pay nothing for their media.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    skippy <skippy@home.com> wrote:

    > hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    > when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.

    This was maybe a week or so before Ep.3 got released. I only remember it
    that way because we were amazed at the amount of Ep3 stuff that was for
    sale at the Target. Then I noticed they were selling Hellboy DVD for $15,
    but the UMD right next to it was $30. ALL of Target's UMD movies were $30
    at that time.

    Maybe they've changed, I don't know. I don't go to Target all that often
    since their prices aren't that good.

    Even $15 for an UMD movie is pretty expensive compared to the DVD. The
    UMD better cost at least 50% less than the DVD. And even then, why
    bother? You can legally rip your DVD to memory stick, which totally
    negates any benefit of having the movie on UMD.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Angel" <Angela7422@Yahoo.com> wrote

    > bit torrenting off the web is piracy that is agreed. Im not really
    > defending him just stating that making a copy that he can watch on the PSP
    > is ok with me and something I don't regard as piracy as long as the copy
    > is erased when the DVD is sent back.

    I TOTALLY agree. Fair use is covered under copyright law and that's part of
    it, IMHO. Fact is, he's admitted he is a pirate on many levels. Just sad
    that he's proud of it.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Angel" <Angela7422@Yahoo.com> wrote
    >
    >> bit torrenting off the web is piracy that is agreed. Im not really
    >> defending him just stating that making a copy that he can watch on the
    >> PSP is ok with me and something I don't regard as piracy as long as the
    >> copy is erased when the DVD is sent back.
    >
    > I TOTALLY agree. Fair use is covered under copyright law and that's part
    > of it, IMHO. Fact is, he's admitted he is a pirate on many levels. Just
    > sad that he's proud of it.

    Really, I have? Or are you just being your normal dick self. I have laid
    out exactly how I go about everything that I do on my PSP and save 2 or 3 of
    the first episodes of Lost, I have/had every TV show I have ever downloaded
    for conversion on my TIVO. Every movie I have converted has been a rental
    from Netflix or my own private collection and the "move" command on
    pspvideo9 takes every remnant of the conversion and moves it from PC to PSP
    so they would obviously have to be deleted for me to watch the next one.
    You should really stop trying so hard to show me up. You are coming off as
    quite obsessive and irrational. I also see you are trying to make allies
    with anyone that you can. Keep trying and hope they don't read any of your
    earlier work.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > Really, I have? Or are you just being your normal dick self.

    You REALLY need to quit whining. It's so childish.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> Really, I have? Or are you just being your normal dick self.
    >
    > You REALLY need to quit whining. It's so childish.

    Just as I thought. I don't know why I tell you to stop being such a dick
    because you are VERY good at it.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Really, I have? Or are you just being your normal dick self.
    >>
    >> You REALLY need to quit whining. It's so childish.
    >>

    > Just as I thought. I don't know why I tell you to stop being such a dick
    > because you are VERY good at it.

    Damn, take a hint and quite whining about how everyone's done you wrong,
    baby. Grow a set, geesh.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    > Hey Freddy thats the word of the month....ilk!

    Actually, it's the word of the year. :)
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > That's how he deals with our "ilk".

    No, you are not in the same boat as Doug. Doug has enough intelligence to
    understand the points being made and runs away. You're clueless and stick
    around.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> That's how he deals with our "ilk".
    >
    > No, you are not in the same boat as Doug. Doug has enough intelligence to
    > understand the points being made and runs away. You're clueless and stick
    > around.

    Its funny how you put me at the bottom rung of your "ladder of foes" when I
    have embarrassed you the most of anyone. If your dumbest opponent spanks
    you so horribly, who would your #1 ass whipper be? Doug? Jojo? Boody?
    TheOne? Brendan? Massivgrooves? Android? Zackman? You have so many
    "friends", I don't know where to start.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote

    >> No, you are not in the same boat as Doug. Doug has enough intelligence
    >> to understand the points being made and runs away. You're clueless and
    >> stick around.
    >
    > Its funny how you put me at the bottom rung of your "ladder of foes" when
    > I have embarrassed you the most of anyone.

    The only person you've embarrassed is your parents and yourself, but
    certainly not me. You're a loser, and therefore nothing you say can
    embarrass anyone besides yourself.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote
    >
    >>> No, you are not in the same boat as Doug. Doug has enough intelligence
    >>> to understand the points being made and runs away. You're clueless and
    >>> stick around.
    >>
    >> Its funny how you put me at the bottom rung of your "ladder of foes" when
    >> I have embarrassed you the most of anyone.
    >
    > The only person you've embarrassed is your parents and yourself, but
    > certainly not me. You're a loser, and therefore nothing you say can
    > embarrass anyone besides yourself.

    Nice grammar, Sunshine. "is your parents" :)

    You keep telling yourself that I don't whoop your ass on a daily basis and
    one day it may be true.
    Anyone wanna race me for pink slips? I'll wager my ownership of Fred.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

    > Its funny how you put me at the bottom rung of your "ladder of foes" when I
    > have embarrassed you the most of anyone. If your dumbest opponent spanks
    > you so horribly, who would your #1 ass whipper be? Doug? Jojo? Boody?
    > TheOne? Brendan? Massivgrooves? Android? Zackman? You have so many
    > "friends", I don't know where to start.

    Wait a sec...you're telling me that fred thinks I'm a bigger threat to him
    by ignoring him, than you are for continuing to get up in his face?
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
    >
    >> Its funny how you put me at the bottom rung of your "ladder of foes" when
    >> have embarrassed you the most of anyone. If your dumbest opponent spanks
    >> you so horribly, who would your #1 ass whipper be? Doug? Jojo? Boody?
    >> TheOne? Brendan? Massivgrooves? Android? Zackman? You have so many
    >> "friends", I don't know where to start.
    >
    > Wait a sec...you're telling me that fred thinks I'm a bigger threat to him
    > by ignoring him, than you are for continuing to get up in his face?

    Yup. It's Bizarro Superman logic.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    >> The only person you've embarrassed is your parents and yourself, but
    >> certainly not me. You're a loser, and therefore nothing you say can
    >> embarrass anyone besides yourself.
    >>

    > Nice grammar, Sunshine. "is your parents" :)

    lol. You've got to be kidding.

    > You keep telling yourself that I don't whoop your ass on a daily basis and
    > one day it may be true.

    You've never wooped my ass, son. I own you like a puppy. You're clueless.
    :) JUMP, puppy! JUMP!
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >>> The only person you've embarrassed is your parents and yourself, but
    >>> certainly not me. You're a loser, and therefore nothing you say can
    >>> embarrass anyone besides yourself.
    >>>

    >> Nice grammar, Sunshine. "is your parents" :)
    >
    > lol. You've got to be kidding.
    >
    >> You keep telling yourself that I don't whoop your ass on a daily basis
    >> and one day it may be true.
    >
    > You've never wooped my ass, son. I own you like a puppy. You're
    > clueless. :) JUMP, puppy! JUMP!

    The court of public opinion thinks differently. You better call on the
    ghost of Harriet Tubman because that is the only way you can get away from
    just how owned you actually are.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Ron Mexico" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    >>> Nice grammar, Sunshine. "is your parents" :)
    >>
    >> lol. You've got to be kidding.
    >>
    >>> You keep telling yourself that I don't whoop your ass on a daily basis
    >>> and one day it may be true.
    >>
    >> You've never wooped my ass, son. I own you like a puppy. You're
    >> clueless. :) JUMP, puppy! JUMP!
    >
    > The court of public opinion thinks differently.

    Oh, you have done a study! Can I see your datas?!

    > You better call on the ghost of Harriet Tubman because that is the only
    > way you can get away from just how owned you actually are.

    lol. You have no idea. :)
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Ron Mexico" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> lol. You've got to be kidding.

    >>> You've never wooped my ass, son. I own you like a puppy. You're
    >>> clueless. :) JUMP, puppy! JUMP!
    >>
    >> The court of public opinion thinks differently.
    >
    > Oh, you have done a study! Can I see your datas?!

    See my datas? Fred, we hardly know each other. You need to take me to
    Chili's and a movie before I start showing you anything, fresh.

    >> You better call on the ghost of Harriet Tubman because that is the only
    >> way you can get away from just how owned you actually are.
    >
    > lol. You have no idea. :)

  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > See my datas? Fred, we hardly know each other. You need to take me to
    > Chili's and a movie before I start showing you anything, fresh.

    OMG you're dumb.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Ron Mexico" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> See my datas? Fred, we hardly know each other. You need to take me to
    >> Chili's and a movie before I start showing you anything, fresh.
    >
    > OMG you're dumb.

    Geez Fred, you need to learn to accept rejection better. I like you, just
    not like that.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:
    > skippy <skippy@home.com> wrote:

    > > hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    > > when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.

    > This was maybe a week or so before Ep.3 got released. I only remember it
    > that way because we were amazed at the amount of Ep3 stuff that was for
    > sale at the Target. Then I noticed they were selling Hellboy DVD for $15,
    > but the UMD right next to it was $30. ALL of Target's UMD movies were $30
    > at that time.

    Alright, updating myself here...

    Went to Target last night, and saw 'Hitch' for $30 on UMD. Other movies
    were $25 and $20. Hitch on DVD, meantime, was on sale for about $20.

    Seems their newest UMD releases debut at $30, then drop quickly to $20.

    Either that, or Target is just milking the stupid people who are actually
    willing to pay $30 for an UMD movie.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:
    >> skippy <skippy@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    >> > when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.
    >
    >> This was maybe a week or so before Ep.3 got released. I only remember it
    >> that way because we were amazed at the amount of Ep3 stuff that was for
    >> sale at the Target. Then I noticed they were selling Hellboy DVD for
    >> $15,
    >> but the UMD right next to it was $30. ALL of Target's UMD movies were
    >> $30
    >> at that time.
    >
    > Alright, updating myself here...
    >
    > Went to Target last night, and saw 'Hitch' for $30 on UMD. Other movies
    > were $25 and $20. Hitch on DVD, meantime, was on sale for about $20.
    >
    > Seems their newest UMD releases debut at $30, then drop quickly to $20.
    >
    > Either that, or Target is just milking the stupid people who are actually
    > willing to pay $30 for an UMD movie.

    I went to Sam's Club yesterday and Hitch was the only UMD over 14.83 and
    that was 19.99. Every other new release there was $13.94 or $14.83
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:35:22 -0000, Doug Jacobs
    <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

    >Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:
    >> skippy <skippy@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > hellboy is not 30 at target, it is 15.99 pretty much always has been,
    >> > when did you see that? the hellboy dvd directors cut is more than 15.
    >
    >> This was maybe a week or so before Ep.3 got released. I only remember it
    >> that way because we were amazed at the amount of Ep3 stuff that was for
    >> sale at the Target. Then I noticed they were selling Hellboy DVD for $15,
    >> but the UMD right next to it was $30. ALL of Target's UMD movies were $30
    >> at that time.
    >
    >Alright, updating myself here...
    >
    >Went to Target last night, and saw 'Hitch' for $30 on UMD. Other movies
    >were $25 and $20. Hitch on DVD, meantime, was on sale for about $20.
    >
    >Seems their newest UMD releases debut at $30, then drop quickly to $20.
    >
    >Either that, or Target is just milking the stupid people who are actually
    >willing to pay $30 for an UMD movie.
    where do you live?
    the most expensive release i've seen is 21.99 at target. most are at
    15.99 and some are 19.99 in my area

Console Gaming Movies Games Video PlayStation Sony Video Games Product