GSM coverage in Katonah, NY, USA?

Last response: in Technologies
July 15, 2004 4:50:34 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone here knows what GSM coverage is like in Katonah,
NY. Nearby Mt. Kisco would appear to have GSM coverage, but I can't find
any information on Katonah. I can roam on either AT&T or T-mobile. The
orange UK website indicates that coverage over the entire area is "high
quality" but I've found their assessments unreliable in the past...

TIA,

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
July 15, 2004 4:50:35 PM

"David Horne" <this_address_is_for_spam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here knows what GSM coverage is like in Katonah,
> NY. Nearby Mt. Kisco would appear to have GSM coverage, but I can't find
> any information on Katonah. I can roam on either AT&T or T-mobile. The
> orange UK website indicates that coverage over the entire area is "high
> quality" but I've found their assessments unreliable in the past...
>
> TIA,
>
> David

Very likely to be good for both AT&T and T-Mobile on
1900 MHz. Katonah just west of interstate highway I-684
(an expressway), and just north or state highway NY-117.
With a suitable phone, you'd likely find AT&T 800 MHz
coverage as well. After all, it's Westchester County,
just north of the Bronx (New York City).

I expect you'll get a local report, later today.

John C. Memphis, Tennessee
!