Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Here's what Sony is getting out of the Konami MGS3 deal

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Sony
  • Games
  • Video
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 9:03:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

Everyone knows that Konami got to use Sony's Ape Escape characters in a
mini game of MGS3, which left some wondering what Sony is getting in
return. Now it's revealed.

www.the-magicbox.com

Sony announced Saru Getchu 3 (Ape Escape 3) for PS2 will have a new
tactical espionage action mini game called "Mesaru Gear Solid", which
is based on Konami's Metal Gear Solid series; you play as PipoSnake, an
ape injected with Solid Snake abilities by scientist, to battle against
the special force who have stolen the Metal Gear with his banana
pistol. Saru Getchu 3 will be released in Japan on July 14.

More about : sony konami mgs3 deal

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:00:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> www.the-magicbox.com

> Sony announced Saru Getchu 3 (Ape Escape 3) for PS2 will have a new
> tactical espionage action mini game called "Mesaru Gear Solid", which
> is based on Konami's Metal Gear Solid series; you play as PipoSnake, an
> ape injected with Solid Snake abilities by scientist, to battle against
> the special force who have stolen the Metal Gear with his banana
> pistol. Saru Getchu 3 will be released in Japan on July 14.

I can't help but wonder what the Ape Escape minigame is going to do to
MGS... Maybe they're thinking it'll attract gamers from the Saru crowd?
Or is it just a sign that MGS is getting sillier and sillier? As I
recall, doesn't the newest MGS require you to find food for Snake to eat
to keep up his health/energy? He wouldn't be eating bananas would he? ;) 
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 8:36:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

Doug Jacobs wrote:
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> > www.the-magicbox.com
>
> > Sony announced Saru Getchu 3 (Ape Escape 3) for PS2 will have a new
> > tactical espionage action mini game called "Mesaru Gear Solid", which
> > is based on Konami's Metal Gear Solid series; you play as PipoSnake, an
> > ape injected with Solid Snake abilities by scientist, to battle against
> > the special force who have stolen the Metal Gear with his banana
> > pistol. Saru Getchu 3 will be released in Japan on July 14.
>
> I can't help but wonder what the Ape Escape minigame is going to do to
> MGS... Maybe they're thinking it'll attract gamers from the Saru crowd?
> Or is it just a sign that MGS is getting sillier and sillier? As I
> recall, doesn't the newest MGS require you to find food for Snake to eat
> to keep up his health/energy? He wouldn't be eating bananas would he? ;) 

no idea. They maybe figure the series is too serious, and need
something to lighten it up a bit
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 8:45:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

Doug Jacobs wrote:
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> > www.the-magicbox.com
>
> > Sony announced Saru Getchu 3 (Ape Escape 3) for PS2 will have a new
> > tactical espionage action mini game called "Mesaru Gear Solid", which
> > is based on Konami's Metal Gear Solid series; you play as PipoSnake, an
> > ape injected with Solid Snake abilities by scientist, to battle against
> > the special force who have stolen the Metal Gear with his banana
> > pistol. Saru Getchu 3 will be released in Japan on July 14.
>
> I can't help but wonder what the Ape Escape minigame is going to do to
> MGS... Maybe they're thinking it'll attract gamers from the Saru crowd?
> Or is it just a sign that MGS is getting sillier and sillier? As I
> recall, doesn't the newest MGS require you to find food for Snake to eat
> to keep up his health/energy? He wouldn't be eating bananas would he? ;) 

Here are some screen shots of the mini-game

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0506/game050614a.shtml
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:52:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> Here are some screen shots of the mini-game

> http://www.the-magicbox.com/0506/game050614a.shtml

LOL!

I certainly hope they leave that in when they bring Ape Escape 3 over to
the states. The mini-game looks like it'll be worth the price of
admission alone. Certainly looks more interesting than the disappointing
games they had in Ape Escape 2.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:38:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony (More info?)

In article <11b0qm0t895gd5c@corp.supernews.com>,
Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote:

> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>
> > Here are some screen shots of the mini-game
>
> > http://www.the-magicbox.com/0506/game050614a.shtml
>
> LOL!
>
> I certainly hope they leave that in when they bring Ape Escape 3 over to
> the states. The mini-game looks like it'll be worth the price of
> admission alone. Certainly looks more interesting than the disappointing
> games they had in Ape Escape 2.

I agree. The Snake Monkey's facial hair is hilarious.
!