CCC wont start

rab2011

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
hello

i have a xfx hd 6870 1gb running with a phenom x4 955 be, 4gb ram windows 7 ultimate and no matter what i do i cant get the ccc to start. when i double click the .exe it looks as tho its starting in that the cpu usage goes up a bit and you get the spinning circle that shows windows is busy but the damn program just wont start.

any ideas on how to get this running??

hanhoffcustompcs

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Clear out the Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache) of all ATI keys from Windows 7.

Navigate to "C:\Windows\assembly" and set the folder to sort by Public Key Token. Delete everything with the Token "90ba9c70f846762e" (ATI' keys).
You will need to have administrator privileges to delete them.

Now reinstall CCC.

Try to run the Catalyst Control Center again.

THIS WORKED FOR ME JUST LAST WEEK DO IT. Its completely safe.

www.hanhoffcustompcs.com

**Better builds. Better Price**

rab2011

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
when i try to delete the ati keys it tells me i cant delete them no matter what i try and when i right click the desktop i have the amd engine control centre but that doesnt run at all. looks like its going to start but nothing ever does

hanhoffcustompcs

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
restart your computer and try booting in safe mode with networking. then see if it lets you. I think thats what I had to do. I know there is a simple work around for this but its not coming to me at the moment. Just try that and let me know how it goes