AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition

Gigabyte Radeon HD6950 1GB

ASRock 970 Extreme4

G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

NZXT Tempest 210 Mid Tower Case

LG GH24NS70 24x

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

NZXT Hale82 650W,

However, I couldn't get it to display on my monitor, after going through all my trouble shooting, it seems the graphics card is sitting too high on one end (The problem is the motherboard isn't detecting the GPU). However, the end it sits too high on is where it attaches to the back rail of the pc, therefore cannot be pushed down. My question is, did I screw up when picking the case? or something else?

Also, the motherboard is sitting at what I presume is the correct height, as I simply screwed in all the screws-that-hold-up-the-motherboard-and-cannot-remember-their-names.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I may also be fretting over nothing as this is my first build, its roughly a mm out.

Solution
If its only 1mm then theres enough flex in the pci bracket to tighten it up, make sure nothing is in the pcie slot on the mobo that could be blocking things, but 1mm to me is an acceptable push, as long as the card is sat level in the pcie slot its fine
its when people have 5mm or more gap and bend the gfx card pci bracket to try and fit that problems happen :)
if you have time/inclination you could take the mobo out and reseat the card out of the case to make sure it sits right, but thats a lot of unnecessary fuss in this case I think, your call though obviously
Moto,
You have multiple outputs on that card, check to make sure you are plugged into the right one, my 6950's won't output vga from certain ports, only one and if a switch is...
The first thing that the gfx card not sitting right suggests to me is that you didn't fit the standoffs underneath the motherboard when building, although you say you fitted them,
screws-that-hold-up-the-motherboard-and-cannot-remember-their-names :p
is the card sat level in the slot itself?
Check sections three and four here
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-posting-buyer-guides-troubleshooting
just to triplecheck things :)
Moto

masman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Yes, I fitted the standoffs :p
And no, the end in which you plug in the cables (HDMI etc) is roughly 1mm higher, hence it worries me, also, I may have somehow not done the standoffs correctly (Though I doubt it as they are fairly simple)

If its only 1mm then theres enough flex in the pci bracket to tighten it up, make sure nothing is in the pcie slot on the mobo that could be blocking things, but 1mm to me is an acceptable push, as long as the card is sat level in the pcie slot its fine
its when people have 5mm or more gap and bend the gfx card pci bracket to try and fit that problems happen :)
if you have time/inclination you could take the mobo out and reseat the card out of the case to make sure it sits right, but thats a lot of unnecessary fuss in this case I think, your call though obviously
Moto,
You have multiple outputs on that card, check to make sure you are plugged into the right one, my 6950's won't output vga from certain ports, only one and if a switch is in the right position lol

Solution