Sign in with
Your question

Frames per second not were it should be. Maybe? lol

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2012 7:27:22 AM

kay so I have had my current Pc for awhile but besides the Hard drive which is maybe 4 years old everything else has been updated, but it seems sometimes games are not running at the Frames Per Second they should be. I will say I play MMO's like right now since leaving WOW and Lotro, I am playing Star Wars TOR, anyway I will log in and see a Frame Rate over 100 but once I start playing it can dip to 50,6,11 etc...just doesnt seem to be steady. Also I have noticed this with other games, I could run lotro maxed out except in raids I had to go into low graphics mode, after talking to dev's on diffrent MMO games that had raiding I learned how important the CPU comes into play in an MMO, well after updating Mobo,Cpu, and Ram, the game smoked 24/7. Well star wars is new but I cant imagine graphically it requires more than lotro that game is very beautiful and has a realism style of graphics. I am going to post my specs. and my question to the Forum Guru's is do you see anything wrong with my system that is slowing things down, Also I just did a full re-install and I make sure that nothing is really running while online, I put my avast in game mode, and I do use advaced system care's game booster to shut everything system wise down easier than going through service tab etc...Okay so specs are this

Windows 7 64-bit
CPU:p henom II X4 945 3.0Ghz
Mobo:Asus M4A78T-E (up to 5200 MT/s hypertransport 3.0)(ddr3 ram runs at 1600mhz)
GCard:ATI 4850x2 (I use the catalyst and let it run its overclock at its recommended settings)
Ram: 4gigs G.Skill DDR3-1600mhz (pc3-12800cl9d) I just ordered 8 gigs of higher end G skill but same timings and mhz so that should help.

So any ideas why I get these drops, cant be bottlenecking, and my system looks good to me even before i take out the 2 2 gigs sticks and replace them with 2 4gigs

More about : frames lol

January 5, 2012 11:00:37 AM

Cpu and gpu overheating?, check temps, also the system is fine, but it could be better for the performance you are waiting to get.
January 7, 2012 4:23:55 AM

Temp on CPU is 44c degress, and the video card is a little warm its around 52c guess maybe I shoul up the fan, overall case temp is right around 45c. Also I guess I dont need crazy peformance standard 40-50fps solid would be great. I just hate I can lood up Elder scrolls Skyrim, or Battlefield 3 maxed out smoking all day, and an mmo like swtow does this up and down thing. Also once I have the 12 gigs in tommorow. Besides I am thinking I should overclock my cpu, i have a killer cooler on it and do zero oc, any other advice. I just dont see what I could really upgrade right now that woul actually be worth doing, so any suggestions on that for curiosity sakes
!