22" TV Monitor Resolution Problem

Hello

I Have a Asus Radeon HD 5570 and have been using my 19" LCD LG TV of it as my main monitor for many years. I had a DVI to VGA cable connecting DVI from the Graphics Card to VGA on the TV. This worked perfectly at a resolution of 1440 x 900 produced a very clear crisp picture.

I recently got a 22" LED TV and connected that up in the exact same configuration. With this monitor I have to have a resolution of 1360 x 768 to get a clear crisp picture. This makes everything look massive on the screen. I have tried the recommended resolution of 1680 x 1050 which makes everything look in better pre-portion but gives a fuzz to the picture and not the crisp picture I experienced with the 19" TV and the smaller resolution.

My XBOX 360 runs at 1920 x 1080 with a great picture on the same monitor. I have tried changing my PC to the same resolution to see if that will work but I haven't got that option. The highest resolution I have is 1680 x 1050. According to the specs on the ASUS website my card can produce resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 over DVI.

I am running Windows 7

Hope someone can explain why my 22" isn't steeping up to the mark.

Thanks in advance
Oliver
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor resolution problem
  1. What is the native resolution of your 22" monitor? If it's 1680x1050, that's the resolution you should use for best display.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon TV Resolution Monitors Graphics