Solved

Best Gaming CPU for my Motherboard?

Better if its cheap
This are the only ones COMPATIBLE.

Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300
Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6 GHz)
Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355 (3.33GHz)


Note the up to (CPU Name)
So it isn't limited to one.
No quad cores.
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best gaming motherboard
  1. Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300

    That is the best CPU on your list. What budget do you have ? And which country do you live in?
  2. Also - what games are you hoping to play?
    What video card are you going to use with your new CPU?
  3. I'm hoping to get GTS 450 or GT 440,
    Technically I don't have any graphics card, only integrated which sucks.
    Minecraft, BF3,Sims 3, GTA IV, Tiberium Wars. . .
    I also live in the Philippines.
  4. ModernKamikaze said:
    I'm hoping to get GTS 450 or GT 440,
    Technically I don't have any graphics card, only integrated which sucks.
    Minecraft, BF3,Sims 3, GTA IV, Tiberium Wars. . .
    I also live in the Philippines.

    it depends how much money you have. for example: for 450$ you can get new z68 chipset mobo+i5-2500k+GTS 450+shiping(maybe).
  5. I dont have money right now but I will try to buy it piece by piece first the mobo then CPU. I want a budget MOBO that supports i3.
  6. The i3 will fall on its face in BF3 on multiplayer. You're better off saving more money so you can get a mobo and i5 CPU like mishon suggested, even if its not a 2500k.
  7. 2 < 4
    Slow < Fast
    Gaming and only gaming < Gaming and the rest of the computing world as well.

    It's well known that the hardware market is always ahead of the software market. Well quads have been around for long enough now that the software market is catching back up to them meaning that dual cores are falling off as software is being coded for more threads. I advise to not even bother wasting your $$ on an i3 and just spend the extra $65 for a 2400(if overclocking doesn't matter) or an extra $90 for the 2500K (if overclocking does matter) instead of tacking $129.99 (price of the i3) to the price of either when you get tired of the i3

    Here are links to both the 2400 and 2500K

    2500K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
    2400 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115074
  8. Go for core 2 duo
  9. cmi86 said:
    2 < 4
    Slow < Fast
    Gaming and only gaming < Gaming and the rest of the computing world as well.

    It's well known that the hardware market is always ahead of the software market. Well quads have been around for long enough now that the software market is catching back up to them meaning that dual cores are falling off as software is being coded for more threads. I advise to not even bother wasting your $$ on an i3 and just spend the extra $65 for a 2400(if overclocking doesn't matter) or an extra $90 for the 2500K (if overclocking does matter) instead of tacking $129.99 (price of the i3) to the price of either when you get tired of the i3

    Here are links to both the 2400 and 2500K

    2500K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
    2400 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115074



    Can't I get a i5 first gen? like 550 650 almost the same price as an i3.
  10. Guys I found a cheap motherboard, Asrock H61M-DGS H61 VSL
  11. Yes you could but the i5 650 and I'm sure it would work great, the only problem is that it is on the 1156 platform which is basically a dead socket (thanks again intel !) So it would be hard for you to upgrade in the future to brand new tech.
  12. if i were you i would get a cheap asrock board for £/$35 that supports 775 quads as the e4300 is hardly worth the money as are the rest of the cpu's you have listed...
    then again a 2.4 or better core 2 quad will cost between 90 and 140... but at least you will have a gaming grade cpu after your upgrade rather than a minimum requirment 1 that will be below spec in the next 3 or so months...


    *edit looks like sum1 beat me to the asrock lol...
  13. cmi86 said:
    Yes you could but the i5 650 and I'm sure it would work great, the only problem is that it is on the 1156 platform which is basically a dead socket (thanks again intel !) So it would be hard for you to upgrade in the future to brand new tech.


    So what do you think I get for this Asrock Mobo?
    CPU: i5?
    Ram: 4gb what brand?
  14. ModernKamikaze said:
    So what do you think I get for this Asrock Mobo?
    CPU: i5?
    Ram: 4gb what brand?


    Well the "cheap asrock mobo" exit is talking about is for socket 775 motherboards and there is no way any i5 will fit in it. Depending on if want to go with the i5 650 or the i5 2500K/2400 depends with motherboards and memory I would suggest for you. I know how ya feel wanting to get it done while spending as little as possible but there comes a point were it is just not cost effective to upgrade/invest in old/outdated tech. It's better to just save a little more and end up with a much better more future proofed machine.
  15. If u are so stuck on getting lga 775 socket processor then i would suggest
    Core 2 quad precessor
    And asus p5q pro mobo
  16. Best answer
    ModernKamikaze said:
    So what do you think I get for this Asrock Mobo?
    CPU: i5?
    Ram: 4gb what brand?

    MY ADVICE: Like CMI86 said don't waste your money on useless upgrades. wait little more even if it takes 4-5 months (like me), collect more money and upgrade your PC step-by-step or you can build great new machine for ~950$ straightway :)
  17. def core 2, heck im runnin a core 2 duo e6400 and a 5670 ati and can play most games without a prob, their are some that are comin out that are pushin it, but the core 2's have been cheap for a while, you would be better off gettin a core 2 quad or any of those, and the mb with it
  18. Best answer selected by ModernKamikaze.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Product