Mic records pc sound

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Im using an Auzentech X-Meridian 2G and im connecting my headset to front panel, for some reason whenever i record from mic it picks up pc sound even if the mic is muted and speakers are off.

If i turn windows volume down to 10% its not too much of a problem, on 50% what i usually have it on it records my pc sound quite loud. This doesnt happen if the front panel connector isnt plugged into the sound card, it does it with my onboard but its not as loud as the auzentech card. Anyone know why its recording pc sound?

Thanks.

Solution
I had this issue in the past. I believe I was using Teamspeak or Ventrilo. There was an option in there to select 'What you Hear" which would record everything instead of just voice. I think that setting was the culprit. To be honest, it has been a few years so I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

LongLiveRock1974

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I had this issue in the past. I believe I was using Teamspeak or Ventrilo. There was an option in there to select 'What you Hear" which would record everything instead of just voice. I think that setting was the culprit. To be honest, it has been a few years so I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Solution