Looking for a 2way SLI motherboard

radikulram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
*If you're not interested skip the italics*

Right now my 560 TI does not run BF3 smoothly, I know a lot of people with worse GPU's or the same state that it does, but it doesn't.
My friend has a 550 and he runs BF3 on ultra, he gets screen tears all over the place but he doesn't notice them.

These screen tears for me are very annoying, and I'm running BF3 on 560p monitor.

I can only imagine how horrible it will be with my new 1080P monitor.

So I need a 2way SLI motherboard that supports I7-2600k and a GTX 560 TI. I want to run another 560 TI beside it.

If I find a good motherboard for about £150, the less the better, then I'll save money on buying a GTX680.

I need a Nvidia card to run Nvidia 3D vision 2, or can that be run on an AMD?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Nvidia and AMD use different 3D technologies. Unless you buy a monitor "approved" by them, you need to know the difference to make sure it if compatabile. FYI Nvidia has more 3D support, but is also more expensive since it uses active tech. AMD is cheaper since uses passive tech, and has less support since it arrived later to the game.

Just about all board support SLI or Crossfire, unless you go very small or proprietary mobos

radikulram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

The cheapest 670 4GB I can find is £350.

The 560TI I've got is £180 + £100 for mobo is £280, £70 cheaper. I really don't want to spend much for GTX 600 series, the 700 series is gonna be rebranded 600 for the most part.

I could get a £290 GTX 670 (2GB) but then I'm not sure what to do with my current GPU.
Plus dual 560 TI's will perform better, at the cost of noise etc.

I'm looking at some asus gaming orientated ones now, I'll leave my final choice incase anyone stumbles on this thread.

radikulram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

650Watts, my new build according to the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite will use 516Watts.

I've decided to go for the Asus Maximus V Gene Motherboard, but ofcourse it really depends on how much worse the screen tear gets on my new monitor.
I don't really like the idea of buying old tech.

TimeLass

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

What is the brand of your PSU? Asus Maximus V Gene seems overkill for me... :sweat: expensive MBs will not help out a lot in increasing performance... i think screen tearing only occur when the FPS exceed the refresh rate of your monitor right...? :sweat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAiPmazmR_M