Status
Not open for further replies.

devanwarner

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Should I buy the 2500k or wait a week for ivy bridge? I will be gaming. I saw that Ivy bridge's launch date got changed to the 23rd :D

Solution
The best thing you can do is wait, even if Ivy is not worth the wait, its better than buying Sandy only to regret it in a weeks time (not likely you will regret it but whatever).

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
The best thing you can do is wait, even if Ivy is not worth the wait, its better than buying Sandy only to regret it in a weeks time (not likely you will regret it but whatever).

Solution
It is a rather disappointing release by the Blue half, nothing significant over Sandybridge other than Native USB3.0, PCI-e 3.0 and faster Memory SPD support, other than that the general impression by references at OC.net suggest it is rather poor, overclocks poorly and degenerates fast under said loads.

Since IB is around the corner it makes the decision tough, either way its a good choice, I am leaning towards grabbing the Sandybridge before they are gone.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
it was or is to be said that Ivy will net you about 15% more performance than Sandy.
but right now Ivy is a higher power consumption (TDP) and runs higher temps than first predicted.
it's not quite going to be as big as the AMD Bulldozer disappointment/fiasco but early reports are very very disturbing.

so untrue. everyone is throwing around that 15 percent number. the graphs i looked at were closer to 5 percent.

The benchmarkers community I am with are certainly not rushing out to get one, the Z77/75 chipsets are far more interesting, its just a pitty you don't get all the features running a SB on them or it would be a win win.

How long before Z68 and P67 all but disappear, along with SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.