Noob looking for opinions on my gaming build.

Approximate Purchase Date: Friday (January 6)

Budget Range: $800-$850

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Programming, Watching Blurays, Web Surfing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I was going to buy from Newegg, but after checking Circuit City I can get everything from there for cheaper.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, AMD Graphics

Overclocking: Slight OC on the CPU (about 4.2-4.4ish)

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future (maybe within 1 year or slightly after 1 year?)

Monitor Resolution: 1080p

Additional Comments: So I decided to sell my current PC to help pay for this one and it sold way faster than I thought it would so I'm buying just enough to have a running PC right now. (Hence the $800 budget) Right now the components I'm looking at are (with newegg links because they're more informational):

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Link
i5 2500k Link
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 LP Link
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Link
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Link
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM Link
Corsair TX850M Link
2x 120mm Xion Alphawing Blue LED fans (1 for rear exhaust 1 for CPU HSF)
1x 140mm Xion Alphawing Blue LED fan (For front intake)
I may add on the Bluray player (I have to see how big my check is this week)
And possible a couple Blue cathodes.

The additions I will be making after I get the money are:
HD 6970 or 7970 depending on the pricing and availability
If I didn't already get the Bluray player I'll get that
Possibly a 128GB SSD (way later as I'm not bothered by current loading speeds)
Like I said I may add a second GPU much later
Going to buy the windowed side panel for the case from NZXT and I'll probably get a PCI slot cooler when I do that to keep some cooling on my GPU(s)

Do you see any compatibility issues I may have overlooked? Is there anywhere I can save a few bucks without sacrificing (much) quality? Overall what is your opinion on this build?
4 answers Last reply
More about noob opinions gaming build
  1. check the hyper 212 , i think it wont fit on the phantom because you have a fan in there .
  2. I'm going to get the windowed side panel from NZXT which doesnt have the fan mount so I'll be good there.
  3. Corsair vengeance is too high, you may have problems with imstalling the heatsink. Get G.Skill Ripjaws.
  4. It's the low profile version. Besides isn't the Ripjaws heatsink as tall as the Vengeance heat sink.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product