Your question

Graphic card UPGRADE

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
August 30, 2002 9:35:58 PM

Hi! I'd really appreciate all answers I can get on this subject! I recently purchased a Hewlett Packard pavilion notebook (ze1210 model). AMD athlon XP 1400+ processor, with the s3 twisterK HP (16-32 Mb) graphics card. I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the graphics card (to something like the Ati Radeon 7500 mobility). Please reply!!!Thanx 2 all!

More about : graphic card upgrade

August 31, 2002 3:25:42 PM

sorry bud. in the land of notebook computers, a new graphics chip means a new mobo and in most notebooks that means a new system.
September 2, 2002 11:09:39 AM

Nope, about the only systems that can support any kind of a notebook graphics upgrade are the Dell systems which use a modular graphics subsystem.

If you don't own a Dell, you are pretty much out of luck.
Related resources
September 4, 2002 1:24:42 AM

As far as I know, a Dell is the only notebook that can have it's graphics card pulled out and replaced. Which means you are very much out of luck.. sorry

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?
September 5, 2002 7:09:25 AM

Any notebook that runs the i845MP chipset should technically be able to upgrade the graphics, not just Dell notebooks. But the question is, Where would a person buy a single GeForce4 440 or Mobility Radeon7500 at? Tom's tried to exchange mobile graphics with a dell laptop running this chipset but ran into some kind of bios issue, So I would definitely say this is for the advanced tweaker only. I myself own a laptop with the i845MP chipset and can easily remove the video card but I have been unable to find any place that sells a replacement...

What has been said here needs no ending...
September 5, 2002 7:13:35 AM

After reading my own reply I realized I forgot something...

Currently only Intel makes notebook chipsets that support external graphics and since your notebook is Athlon based it has integrated graphics and therefore cannot be upgraded...

What has been said here needs no ending...
September 11, 2002 6:17:55 PM

In the DellTalk Forum it is clearly described how to get any spare parts without problems, even for people outside the US. Also there are some people that did it successfully.
My question would be if thereĀ“s anyone out there who did it with a Toshiba Notebook...???
September 13, 2002 5:12:02 PM

currently the best video card for athlon based laptops are the Ati Radeon(intergrated) which uses Shared Memory Architecture(SMA) which means it uses memory from your laptop ram
as i know, it supports up to 128 mb and can pull out 1500 3dmark points
not bad for an intergrated video card but i've seen a beeter 1
i think it is a SiS 650(315) intergrated graphics SMA 64mb
it can pull out up to 2000 points based on a review
BTW, its in a desknote system which uses desktop processor and ram
October 9, 2002 2:32:22 AM

If you thinking of upgrading your graphic card in notebook and dont know where to buy it.
Go and check www.ebay.com
There are ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 and NVIDIA's GeForce4 440 Go graphic card. But make sure your notebook support it. If your card is intregrated than sorry.
!