Archer bonus question

This is a log of my attacks while fighting Amalas:

(the first five arrows are arrows of biting)
3+8 = 11: Miss
9+0 = 9: Miss
16+0 = 16: Hit (Amalas - Poison)
7+8 = 15: Hit (amalas - Poison)
14+8 = 22: Hit (Amalas - Poison)

(using regular arrows now)
14+8 = 22: Hit
20+0 = 20: Hit (crit averted by helmet)
20+8 = 28" Hit (crit averted by helmet)
Amalas - Death

("You killed Amalas, you bastard!")

So, of the 8 arrows fired I received a +8 adjustment
on 5 shots and a zero adjustment on three shots.

Arrows of Bititng: 3 with +8; 2 with zero
Regular arrows: 2 with +8; 1 with zero

Does this make sense?

kevin wrote:
> This is a log of my attacks while fighting Amalas:
>
> (the first five arrows are arrows of biting)
> 3+8 = 11: Miss
> 9+0 = 9: Miss
> 16+0 = 16: Hit (Amalas - Poison)
> 7+8 = 15: Hit (amalas - Poison)
> 14+8 = 22: Hit (Amalas - Poison)
>
> (using regular arrows now)
> 14+8 = 22: Hit
> 20+0 = 20: Hit (crit averted by helmet)
> 20+8 = 28" Hit (crit averted by helmet)
> Amalas - Death
>
> ("You killed Amalas, you bastard!")
>
> So, of the 8 arrows fired I received a +8 adjustment
> on 5 shots and a zero adjustment on three shots.
>
> Arrows of Bititng: 3 with +8; 2 with zero
> Regular arrows: 2 with +8; 1 with zero
>
> Does this make sense?

Did how close he was to you vary?

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:C8cee.1209

> Did how close he was to you vary?

Yes, that must be what caused it - thanks.

I realized that Amalas would receive an attack bonus when
attacking my character who was armed with a bow but
I didn't know that my character's attack would be penalized...
makes sense though.