Cingular's Clock screwed up!

Mike

Splendid

In the Columbia MD area - west of Baltimore MD and North of DC the time
displayed on my Samsung phone is 2 hours early. The (not very informed) rep
at the local store told me that "Someone is working on the towers." It sounds
like an excuse, not a reason. This has been this way for about a month. The
clock displays correctly when I 'roam' around a bi; Annapolis, Westminster,
Timonium, etc.

Well, it's not too bad, the minutes are correct, just the hour. But what is
annoying is that the alarm clock then skips - I have it set for a prescription
I should be taking on time.

Mike <mvore@moc.tenmoc.xi> wrote:

>Well, it's not too bad, the minutes are correct, just the hour. But what is
>annoying is that the alarm clock then skips - I have it set for a prescription
>I should be taking on time.

I've been noticing intermittent problems with network time on the old Suncom network here in Richmond over the last week or so, and it's been discussed over at HowardForums. Sometimes the network isn't transmitting a time at all, or it's a few hours off. The last couple days it's been pretty accurate- generally within 30 minutes or so of the actual time, though it does seem to vary wildly throughout the day.

"Steve Crow" <kg4peq@newsfeeds.com> wrote in message
> Mike <mvore@moc.tenmoc.xi> wrote:
>>
>>Well, it's not too bad, the minutes are correct, just the hour. But what
>>is
>>annoying is that the alarm clock then skips - I have it set for a
>>prescription
>>I should be taking on time.
>
> I've been noticing intermittent problems with network time on the old
> Suncom network here in Richmond over the last week or so, and it's been
> discussed over at HowardForums. Sometimes the network isn't transmitting a
> time at all, or it's a few hours off. The last couple days it's been
> pretty accurate- generally within 30 minutes or so of the actual time,
> though it does seem to vary wildly throughout the day.

Sure hope it isn't the same system clocks that calculate your air time!