4870 problems

i have some artifacting problems with HD 4870 lately with some games (like battlestar galactica,lineage 2) but i dont have problem with other games like (MW 2,world of warcraft).It seems strange because MW 2 require better graphic card than lineage 2...i updated my motherboard BIOS drivers and graphic card drivers aswell.But i still have the same problems

my system:
intel core 2 quad Q9550 2ghz
gigabyte EP35 DS3L
4 gb ram DDR2 400mhz
Radeon HD 4870
power supply 650
15 answers Last reply
More about 4870 problems
  1. Artifacting or screen tearing?
  2. artifacting only
  3. Then vsync would not help.
  4. Hmm, are you sure the card temps are fine?
    Updating card's driver?
  5. well the graphic card temperature where around 85-90C and as far as i know the 4850 works around 80-85C so 5 celcium up i dont think that is a problem
  6. try and set the fan speed in the AMD drivers, i get worried when the card idles at 70+ C, so i changed the fan manually, i got mine set to 40% all the time, and dont battle with heat issues even under load.

The card mite be dying out due to excessive heat.
  7. well during soem experiments i puted it work on 80-90% with temps aroune 80%
    when the fan is not working the temperature rising around 80-85 degrees
    so i always have it work around 40% to keep a good temperature around 70 degrees
  8. well during soem experiments i puted it work on 80-90% with temps aroune 80%
    when the fan is not working the temperature rising around 80-85 degrees
    so i always have it work around 40% to keep a good temperature around 70 degrees
  9. if heat is not going down even when you set the fan, i think you mite need to clean out the heatsink and put new thermal paste. coz that could be reasoning to high temps.
  10. that might be
    i will soon gonna buy a new thermal paste to put it on GPU but when i play some games i have the fan working on 100% and sometimes i keep playing it for 1 hour without problem and sometimes it just stuck on the very first minute
  11. that might be
    i will soon gonna buy a new thermal paste to put it on GPU but when i play some games i have the fan working on 100% and sometimes i keep playing it for 1 hour without problem and sometimes it just stuck on the very first minute
  12. well i will change my paste anyway, :)
  13. when all is done and dusted, post back here to let us know if it worked.
  14. well the shops were closed for today :(
    so i am gonna buy tommorow some paste
  15. well i think that i found the problem...There was a problem with stock clocks...something like fail overclock.I changed it clock and there was no problem.
    i will change the paste anyway i bought 1 today.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics