Internet Explorer 6, Outlook Express 6 questions

Working in Windows XP SP2. I believe there's a setting I missed in setting
up a dialup connection so that after dialing into the ISP, Internet Explorer
comes right up on the screen. As it stands now, the connection is made and I
have to click on IE's icon to get into the program. How do I set this up so
that IE comes up right away when the connection is made?

Also, from IE, when I click on "Mail," OE comes up, but there's an intro
screen. How do I set up OE so that it goes right to the inbox?

Using both IE 6 and OE 6. Thanks.

Nospam wrote:
> Working in Windows XP SP2. I believe there's a setting I missed in
> setting up a dialup connection so that after dialing into the ISP,
> Internet Explorer comes right up on the screen. As it stands now, the
> connection is made and I have to click on IE's icon to get into the
> program. How do I set this up so that IE comes up right away when the
> connection is made?
>
> Also, from IE, when I click on "Mail," OE comes up, but there's an
> intro screen. How do I set up OE so that it goes right to the inbox?
>
> Using both IE 6 and OE 6. Thanks.

This needs to be set up in IE. Tools/Internet Options/Connections Tab.

Add your dial up connection there and then make "Dial whenever a network
connection is not present" the default action. Whenever you open IE, it will
automatically initiate your dial up connection.

For the Outlook Express problem, Tools/Options/General Tab. Select the "When
starting go directly to my Inbox folder" option.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

Hi,

>Also, from IE, when I click on "Mail," OE comes up, but there's an intro screen. How do I set up OE so that it goes
>right to the inbox?

In OE, click tools > options and put a check next to "When starting, go directly to Inbox"

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations