Need better card for Gateway FX6840, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hextacy35

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hi im new to the community here and was wondering if someone could help me out.. i have a Gateway FX6840 and am looking for a better graphic's card for my PC. I just recently bought Battlefield 3 and cannot handle the graphics on maximum settings , with Skyrim right around the corner (im a gamer) i would like to have my PC ready to handle it with no problems

http://support.gateway.com/s/desktop/2010/gateway/fx/fx6840/FX6840sp2.shtml <-

So, which CPU is yours? i7 or i5?
Which PSU? 500W or 700W?
What is your budget?
Monitor? resolution?
And make sure before you buying, check whether the card will fit into your case or not...
Note than going from onboard graphic to almost any discrete graphic card will boost your PC performance significantly. :)

Does your PSU provides any 6pin power connector?
Can you read on it's label about it's specs? We need to be sure before choosing a card...
1k of $?
Just for a card or PSU too? Because higher end card needs more than 500W to run...
Or do you want to stay with your current 500W?

Hextacy35

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
yes $, as for the PSU providing 6pin power connector? i do not know how to tell.. im pretty sure what i just need a card for what i want.. im not looking for top end keeping in mind... thanks for dealing with my lack of knowledge in this matter

knopv

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

So did you buy it? Please let me know. I'm considering the GTX 460 without changing the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.