Sign in with
Your question

How can I tell what is installed on my motherboard?

February 25, 2013 1:35:01 PM

How can I tell what is installed on my motherboard without opening the case?

Here is why I ask.

I know I have a TV tuner card installed. I can't remember a thing about it. Yeah, I'm getting old.

I ran Belarc Advisor and it doesn't show up there.

I checked Device Manager. Nope not there either.

Neither even indicates that there is a TV Tuner installed.

I'm guessing that AMD High Definition Audio Device and AT Unified AVStream Driver hint that it is there but maybe not. (I did open the case and can see that the card is an ATI one.)

I checked in AMD Catalyst and it doesn't appear there. I have an AMD video card which does show up. But just that it is a HD6450, not the manufacturer and model.

I'm guessing that since I'm using the built-in drivers from Windows 7 and Windows Media Center that the TV card just sits there and works.

I've done a search for "how can i display what is installed in my pci slots" but since there are so many common keywords the top results are irrelevant.

I'll have to reboot my system and check in BIOS to see if it is there but that kind of defeats the goal of simply displaying the card.

Hmm. I just checked and Belarc and Catalyst simply tell me I have a HD6450 installed. They don't specify the exact model.

So my question is: Is there some way to see the manufacturer and model of the cards (not the chips) I have installed on my motherboard?

More about : installed motherboard

!