No- POST question

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I have the gigabyte 990fx and a fx 8150.
I belive that one of these is bad but not sure which it is. I turn on the computer but don't POST, all lights and fans turn on, my keyboard lights up as-well but do not get video, this started to happen after trying to overclock my 8150 to 4.5ghz, I had done it before but this time it messed something up.

What I have tryed:

Replacing the Cmos battery
RAM Slot swapping
Starting with just mobo, cpu, psu

the psu i have is the OCZ 700w modular and if it is relevant i have the evga 670 ftw.
Not quite sure what to do next on what to order for new parts, i am thinking it is the processor though has had somthing happen to it when i OC'd it.

Let me know what you all think of it, :D thanks for the help

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
There are no beeps with or without the RAM, I don't think my mono has a beeper ( don't know the terminology) I don't think it's my PSU though, just because literally everything turns on, GPU, H80i lights & fans the whole works does power on

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
So pull power then take batterie out like 5 min after, put back in, the plug power in?

The way I have done it is unplug, turn power on ( so it drains what is left) turn off, the take batterie out, while it's out turn it on for 60 sec the turn off and put batterie back in.