Can a ati 5450 power a case fan?

madman 46

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hello,I have an optiplex gx620.I have installed a Dynex 600watt PSU which has the fan blow over most of my motherboard(downward).I have also installed an ATI visiontek 1gb 5450 video card. Can I power a small cooling fan from this card , which I will mount to the rear of the case to pull out more air.Will this work without putting a strain on the card therefore shortening its life?

Solution
The HD 5450 doesn't have a place to hook a fan into, and if it does it might have the 2 pin fan which cools it (the GPU itself).

If you want to mount a rear fan to the Dell machine, use a FAN with a molex adapter.

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Im not quite sure what youre asking. are you going to try and plug a small fan into the graphics card? if so i dont really see how you would go about doing that without unplugging the factory installed fan (if there is one)

madman 46

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
as these crads are basically made from a 5700 sreies card , it has a two proged fan connecter for the units with fans , if i use a small fan do you think it would hurt the card , would you know the voltages of the average video card fan?

The HD 5450 doesn't have a place to hook a fan into, and if it does it might have the 2 pin fan which cools it (the GPU itself).

If you want to mount a rear fan to the Dell machine, use a FAN with a molex adapter.

Solution