Solution
Yes towards the top of the case (either top back or just all the way top) and make sure the fan is exhausting outwards, that's the important part) If after doing this you temperatures rise move the RAD back to where you had it originally as the H60's pump wasn't strong enough to pump the coolant all the way up to the top of your case.

Glad to help please select a best answer, thanks.

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

my thermal paste are pre apply and im using the stock pad from the mobo and also my radiator fan speed are 4370rpm

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

The temp just got high recently, cuz before when i play bf3 on ultra the temp won't get higher then 41 and now at idle it is 40-42 already and the core temp are 19-20 right now idleing

cmi86

Distinguished
1045's are warn and H60's are not all they are cracked up to be, you would be better served by a good air cooler and some quality thermal paste.

Anyhow...

1. Remove the waterblock off of the CPU, clean both the CPU and waterblock with 90% isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag.

2. Re assemble using Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, apply only a pea sized amount to the center of the CPU and properly seat and tighten the water block
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbenchmarkreviews.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D170%26Itemid%3D1&ei=R5uMT8T5NMb62AXprujECQ&usg=AFQjCNGOzuRtVNO-OTDJfkvuxjkDk52m2A&sig2=kukbk_oMgUXAZlvBH1MpBQ

3. Make sure cooler fan on the radiator is exhausting hot air from the case
4. Make sure CPU fan RPM is set to maximum in BIOS

It is somewhat common on these pre manufactured closed loop cooling systems that the pumps are weak or will become weak there in resulting in the coolant liquid not being efficiently circulated. Due to the lack of circulation the cooler will not effectively cool the CPU.

cmi86

Distinguished

Core temp is what matters (more or less) Idling at 19-20c is great. What are the CORES at under load ?

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

Thx for the tips btw the corsair guy said it was better to get air in though the radiator to get more colder air in the case

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

Right now im running some amd overdrive test and all 6 core are at 100% load with a core temp or 30-31c

cmi86

Distinguished

He's full of it. Hot air rises so place your radiator at the top of your case exhausting outwards as the fan will draw the rising hot air inside the case outwards.

cmi86

Distinguished
Yes towards the top of the case (either top back or just all the way top) and make sure the fan is exhausting outwards, that's the important part) If after doing this you temperatures rise move the RAD back to where you had it originally as the H60's pump wasn't strong enough to pump the coolant all the way up to the top of your case.

Glad to help please select a best answer, thanks.

Solution

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

k but one more quesiton, why is the cpu and core temp like 20degress different? is it cuz of the thermal paste?

cmi86

Distinguished

No the "CPU" Temp and "Core" Temp are 2 completely different readings from 2 completely different sensors.

CPU temp (depending of software) is in regards to the temperature of the CPU socket or the Temperature of the heat spreader (Top metal piece of your Processor you can actually see) This temp is fine to see in the 75-80c range

Core temp (regardless of software) is in reference to the internal temperature of each individual core.
This temp should be kept below 60c at all times.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

+1, though some chips are more tolerant to higher temps. 60C is a good target to shoot for, though. I suspect people are going to be running in the 70s with IVB overclocks, though. Hot little chips.

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

so according to ur reasoning if i want to get a lower cpu temp i should get a better thermal paste

cmi86

Distinguished

It is always good practice to use quality thermal paste for a couple reasons.

1- It holds up much longer
2- It transfers heat better and will result in 0-6c temp decrease
3- It spreads better resulting in more even/effective applications.

The temps you are sitting at are very low though and I would not worry about it.
My Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Air) With 2X Sickle Flow 120's and Arctic Silver 5 sits at about the same temps.

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

I c, thx

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
You either push air through the rad, pull it through the rad or both (2 fans, one pushes, the other one pulls).

Push/Pull > Pushing > Pulling ;)

If you're case is properly ventilated, pushing air from the case through the rad and out of the case shouldn't be an issue. However, If you have bad airflow in your case, the corsair dude is right, that pushing cold air from outside of the case through the rad into your case would be better. But only until you fix your case airflow, anyway. :p