booting from external hard /usb port

i just purchased a 40 gb external harddrive cause my
computer only haas 4gb harddrive .how can i make the
external hd my primary boot drive with xp so i can operate
the printshop 20 to work on my photos

ricky l hankins wrote:

> i just purchased a 40 gb external harddrive cause my
> computer only haas 4gb harddrive .how can i make the
> external hd my primary boot drive with xp so i can operate
> the printshop 20 to work on my photos

You will have to set boot device to USB in your system BIOS if
you really want to do this, then install XP on the external
drive. I'd suggest you disconnect the internal drive while
you are doing this so as not to confuse the system, it may
seek out and see something on your internal drive and not
install correctly.

A better choice would be to install the 40bg drive internally,
I don't think external hdd unitls on the market now are really
intended to be the primary OS drive.
gm

Latest posts