booting from external hard /usb port

i just purchased a 40 gb external harddrive cause my
computer only haas 4gb harddrive .how can i make the
external hd my primary boot drive with xp so i can operate
the printshop 20 to work on my photos
1 answer Last reply
More about booting external hard port

    ricky l hankins wrote:

    > i just purchased a 40 gb external harddrive cause my
    > computer only haas 4gb harddrive .how can i make the
    > external hd my primary boot drive with xp so i can operate
    > the printshop 20 to work on my photos

    You will have to set boot device to USB in your system BIOS if
    you really want to do this, then install XP on the external
    drive. I'd suggest you disconnect the internal drive while
    you are doing this so as not to confuse the system, it may
    seek out and see something on your internal drive and not
    install correctly.

    A better choice would be to install the 40bg drive internally,
    I don't think external hdd unitls on the market now are really
    intended to be the primary OS drive.
    gm

Configuration Windows XP