Sign in with
Your question

Can't Change Voltage

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2011 3:31:05 AM

I have a Gigabyte 6950 1GB and I unlocked the 6970 shaders.

I want to get a stable overclock close to 950/1350 but I need to be able to change the voltage.

What can I use to go about doing this because both afterburner and Trixx won't let me?

More about : change voltage

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 3:33:42 AM

unstable unlock? :o 
m
l
November 8, 2011 3:51:10 AM

amuffin said:
unstable unlock? :o 

lol what?
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 4:49:22 AM

GigaByte, right? Does that card "allow" you to change it's voltage, because not all cards provides that option...
m
l
November 8, 2011 5:50:21 AM

wa1 said:
GigaByte, right? Does that card "allow" you to change it's voltage, because not all cards provides that option...

Yeah.. I'm not sure :/ 
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 8, 2011 5:56:24 AM

What program came with the card ? CCC probably ?
Weird thing is, i have a gigabyte 560ti soc, there was a time i couldn't change the voltage, but now i can. Really don't know why. It happend after i did some updates i believe. Btw, i use oc guru.
m
l
November 8, 2011 2:21:56 PM

I didn't use the install CD or anything so I'm not sure what came with the card

I just installed OCGuru though and when I go to manual and try to change the voltage, a few seconds later it resets back to 00.000.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 8, 2011 3:38:53 PM

WTF, now i can't do also anymore ??? I just tried and put it on manual and can try to use the slider and nothing even happens with mine, can't do sh.... Only thing i can change is the memory voltage. :pt1cable: 
Got to have something to do with the gigabyte driver ( i think it is just the same as 266 from the nvidea site btw )
When i did the updates i used 285 and am pretty sure i could change the voltage then, but because the card became unstable with 285 went back to 266 from gigabyte site, not sure if i flashed the bios again, i think i remember it said i allready had the latest bios version and now ; no voltage changing.
The voltage of the card is in idle 1.04 and under full load something like 1.15 or higher, but that says nothing about your 6950 offcourse.
m
l
November 8, 2011 3:45:50 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
WTF, now i can't do also anymore ??? I just tried and put it on manual and can try to use the slider and nothing even happens with mine, can't do sh.... Only thing i can change is the memory voltage. :pt1cable: 
Got to have something to do with the gigabyte driver ( i think it is just the same as 266 from the nvidea site btw )
When i did the updates i used 285 and am pretty sure i could change the voltage then, but because the card became unstable with 285 went back to 266 from gigabyte site, not sure if i flashed the bios again, i think i remember it said i allready had the latest bios version and now ; no voltage changing.
The voltage of the card is in idle 1.04 and under full load something like 1.15 or higher, but that says nothing about your 6950 offcourse.

I guess I should just try to aim for stable clocks with the current voltage and be thankful I could unlock my 1 GB card!
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 8, 2011 3:55:59 PM

Defenitily lucky yeah.

Thing is, and probably it's because i can't pump up the voltage, with mine i can't really oc. It's standard oc'd to 950mhz and at 980 it becomes unstable allready. :( 
I did play for maybe 15 minutes at 1000mhz but it crashed than.
Bit dissapointing, i choose this card because of the cherry picking gauntlet thing and expected to get higher than 1000mhz. 950 ain't bad, i know, but still.
m
l
!