Can't Change Voltage

I have a Gigabyte 6950 1GB and I unlocked the 6970 shaders.

I want to get a stable overclock close to 950/1350 but I need to be able to change the voltage.

What can I use to go about doing this because both afterburner and Trixx won't let me?
9 answers Last reply
More about change voltage
  1. unstable unlock? :O
  2. amuffin said:
    unstable unlock? :O

lol what?
  3. GigaByte, right? Does that card "allow" you to change it's voltage, because not all cards provides that option...
  4. wa1 said:
    GigaByte, right? Does that card "allow" you to change it's voltage, because not all cards provides that option...

Yeah.. I'm not sure :/
  5. What program came with the card ? CCC probably ?
    Weird thing is, i have a gigabyte 560ti soc, there was a time i couldn't change the voltage, but now i can. Really don't know why. It happend after i did some updates i believe. Btw, i use oc guru.
  6. I didn't use the install CD or anything so I'm not sure what came with the card

I just installed OCGuru though and when I go to manual and try to change the voltage, a few seconds later it resets back to 00.000.
  7. WTF, now i can't do also anymore ??? I just tried and put it on manual and can try to use the slider and nothing even happens with mine, can't do sh.... Only thing i can change is the memory voltage. :pt1cable:
    Got to have something to do with the gigabyte driver ( i think it is just the same as 266 from the nvidea site btw )
    When i did the updates i used 285 and am pretty sure i could change the voltage then, but because the card became unstable with 285 went back to 266 from gigabyte site, not sure if i flashed the bios again, i think i remember it said i allready had the latest bios version and now ; no voltage changing.
    The voltage of the card is in idle 1.04 and under full load something like 1.15 or higher, but that says nothing about your 6950 offcourse.
  8. GreenDutchAlien said:
    WTF, now i can't do also anymore ??? I just tried and put it on manual and can try to use the slider and nothing even happens with mine, can't do sh.... Only thing i can change is the memory voltage. :pt1cable:
    Got to have something to do with the gigabyte driver ( i think it is just the same as 266 from the nvidea site btw )
    When i did the updates i used 285 and am pretty sure i could change the voltage then, but because the card became unstable with 285 went back to 266 from gigabyte site, not sure if i flashed the bios again, i think i remember it said i allready had the latest bios version and now ; no voltage changing.
    The voltage of the card is in idle 1.04 and under full load something like 1.15 or higher, but that says nothing about your 6950 offcourse.

I guess I should just try to aim for stable clocks with the current voltage and be thankful I could unlock my 1 GB card!
  9. Defenitily lucky yeah.

Thing is, and probably it's because i can't pump up the voltage, with mine i can't really oc. It's standard oc'd to 950mhz and at 980 it becomes unstable allready. :(
    I did play for maybe 15 minutes at 1000mhz but it crashed than.
    Bit dissapointing, i choose this card because of the cherry picking gauntlet thing and expected to get higher than 1000mhz. 950 ain't bad, i know, but still.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Gigabyte Graphics