Your question
Closed

Disable Motherboard Onboard Video Help

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 25, 2013 7:33:46 PM

Hello, I'm building a computer soon (First time build) and I'm getting a MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Motherboard with a Onboard Video Card, I'm also getting a EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB. So my question is, will I have to Disable the Onboard Video Card to use my GTX 670? If so, how do I do that. I really appreciate it the help!

More about : disable motherboard onboard video

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 7:40:05 PM

The onboard video is disabled in the BIOS. I am not familiar with this version - usually they will either have the ability to enable/disable or make the PCIe slot the primary video adapter. In the builds I have done, you will need to connect the monitor to the motherboard video connector, disable the onboard video or assign primary to PCIe, power down, switch connectors to your video card, then install the drivers.
February 26, 2013 5:03:29 PM

Best answer selected by Ohhandrew.
Score
Related resources
February 26, 2013 7:46:02 PM

ronintexas said:
The onboard video is disabled in the BIOS. I am not familiar with this version - usually they will either have the ability to enable/disable or make the PCIe slot the primary video adapter. In the builds I have done, you will need to connect the monitor to the motherboard video connector, disable the onboard video or assign primary to PCIe, power down, switch connectors to your video card, then install the drivers.

Thank you very much for your reply!
Score
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 8:30:26 PM

Your welcome! Glad I could help out!
Score
a c 136 V Motherboard
a c 169 U Graphics card
February 27, 2013 8:50:10 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score