Asus ai suite 2 making psu buzz

mc_10

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hi I have just built my first pc, but I am getting a electrical buzzing noise from psu.

I have already had the psu replaced and it is the same (corsair tx650m) not a cheap one

I think I have found the problem but is does not make sense to me

If I uninstall asus ai suite the buzzing stops, as soon as its installed it starts again, you dont even have to open
the programe

my mb is a m5a99fx pro r2.0

does any one have any ideas,

thanks

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Do you have voltage monitoring enabled in AI Suite? The buzzing sound might be a sensor alert. If it is a sensor alert, are you running any other monitoring tools at the same time as AI suite - CPU-Z, AIDA, HWinfo, Core Temp etc?

mc_10

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
yes it does show all the different voltages on ai suite, I just loaded all of the programmes within ai suite

I do not have any other software on the pc, as I done a full reinstall of windows 8 thats how I found out that it was ai suite coursing the psu noise

the noise only happens on windows, idle/low load

it does not make any noise when in DOS and if you system is under load in windows

mc_10

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
it is not the fan as that only runs when the psu gets hot
what can I do if it is a inductor noise?
is this a motherboard fault or software fault or psu fault
I have now changed my graphics card and it is still the same

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Can't be sure where it is coming from remotely my friend so you are going to need to take the side panel off the case and locate the source of the noise carefully. Usually not much you can do about inductor noise unless it is very loud - then you might get an RMA. It could be coming from the motherboard or the PSU. That all being said, we don't even know if it is inductor noise yet, you need to pinpoint it.