Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best Gaming Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
February 25, 2013 9:59:15 PM

Hello again fellow pc builders! ((And for the Mac builders out there... you don't exist! Get out of my head!))

I was all set on buying an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo, but after reading a few reviews, determined that I have know clue what to look for when considering motherboards. In general, I look at the specs, making sure it has what I need, if not exceeds. Yet, despite several "Cheap" mobos having exactly what I want, there are somehow more expensive ones. Obviously, I want to know why these boards are far more expensive, so I did a little research. I determined the Extreme4 was cheap because of it's rather thin PCB, so i was wondering if it would even be worth it to buy a cheap mobo when I want one that'll last me for years to come. This is what I need in a motherboard:

LGA 1115 Socket
32GB supported RAM (8 per socket) DDR3 1866 or above
ATX Form factor
SLI ready

Now, I can easily go to newegg and find several mobos with these specs. But the reviews are generally positive for most of them, so it's hard to differentiate among the prices when everyone is happy with their board. This is what I plan to run on it:

RAM:^^^
i7 3770k
Some sort of sound card... haven't looked much into it.
At least 2 GTX Titans, but will only be buying one for the moment and the other at a later date.
Plan on eventually getting liquid cooling for all of this.

I have between 100-300 (USD), so I was wondering what do you think would be a good gaming motherboard for me in this price range, with those desired specs and hardware?

EDIT: Can someone please explain to me why there is no ASRock motherboards in stores that I typically go to? I was searching for the ASRock Z77 OC Formula LGA 1155 but couldn't seem to find it at Tigerdirect or Frys. (Or Best Buy, but I didn't intend to see any motherboards in store, but they don't even ship out the ASRocks)

More about : gaming motherboard

Best solution

a c 81 V Motherboard
February 25, 2013 10:19:09 PM
Related resources
February 27, 2013 9:45:17 AM

Best answer selected by Savvy_01.
Score
February 27, 2013 10:29:18 AM

Savvy_01 said:
Hello again fellow pc builders! ((And for the Mac builders out there... you don't exist! Get out of my head!))

I was all set on buying an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo, but after reading a few reviews, determined that I have know clue what to look for when considering motherboards. In general, I look at the specs, making sure it has what I need, if not exceeds. Yet, despite several "Cheap" mobos having exactly what I want, there are somehow more expensive ones. Obviously, I want to know why these boards are far more expensive, so I did a little research. I determined the Extreme4 was cheap because of it's rather thin PCB, so i was wondering if it would even be worth it to buy a cheap mobo when I want one that'll last me for years to come. This is what I need in a motherboard:

LGA 1115 Socket
32GB supported RAM (8 per socket) DDR3 1866 or above
ATX Form factor
SLI ready

Now, I can easily go to newegg and find several mobos with these specs. But the reviews are generally positive for most of them, so it's hard to differentiate among the prices when everyone is happy with their board. This is what I plan to run on it:

RAM:^^^
i7 3770k
Some sort of sound card... haven't looked much into it.
At least 2 GTX Titans, but will only be buying one for the moment and the other at a later date.
Plan on eventually getting liquid cooling for all of this.

I have between 100-300 (USD), so I was wondering what do you think would be a good gaming motherboard for me in this price range, with those desired specs and hardware?

EDIT: Can someone please explain to me why there is no ASRock motherboards in stores that I typically go to? I was searching for the ASRock Z77 OC Formula LGA 1155 but couldn't seem to find it at Tigerdirect or Frys. (Or Best Buy, but I didn't intend to see any motherboards in store, but they don't even ship out the ASRocks)

Score
!