Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Photoed.exe

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:44:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos, but can't
find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.

More about : photoed exe

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:44:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Nospam wrote:
> Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos,
> but can't find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.

Photoeditor is a part of MS Office XP or before - NOT MS Windows XP or MS
Office 2003 and after.

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
Anonymous
September 1, 2010 10:27:30 AM

Quote:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos, but can't
find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.


You can just copy the PhotoEd files from your old computer.
If you don't have them anymore, I can make them available.
But it does not work well with Windows 7: il will not load large horizontal photos...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 26, 2011 6:05:37 AM

I want Microsoft Photoeditor because of (1) its transparent color tool, which allows me to choose a color to make transparent and then choose to make colors within 3%, 5%, or 10% also to be transparent, and (2) its smudge tool, which lets me choose a smudge brush of any of several shapes, sized from 1 pixel to 50 pixels, with a choice of edge size or solid brush, amount of pressure, and amount of feather. (Smudge tools in other free programs I have tried are less precise and less neat than the one in Photoeditor.)
Does any other program, either included in Windows (especially 7) or available as freeware or open source software, have those two abilities?
I copied the PhotoEd folder from an earlier version of Windows, but I have to do something to the registry before I can use it ("No file format information can be found in the registry."). Does anybody know what changes I can make to the registry or to the contents of the folder to make it usable in XP and 7?
The stupidity of Microsoft in not including it in later versions of Windows is immense beyond description.
March 31, 2011 7:42:38 PM

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\File Options]
"MRUImportType"=dword:00000004
"Path"="H:\\mattie"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\Microsoft Photo Editor]
"LastFile1"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0743s.JPG"
"LastType1"="jpg"
"InitialPosition"=" 30, 30, 1279, 823, "
"StatusBar"="1"
"RepaintBg"="1"
"ProgressRate"="200"
"BackColor"=" 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "
"Show"="1"
"MDIMAX"="1"
"LastFile2"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0740s.JPG"
"LastType2"="jpg"
"LastFile3"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0734s.JPG"
"LastType3"="jpg"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\Tool Bar]
"Visible"=dword:00000006
"left"=dword:00000022
"top"=dword:00000049
April 1, 2011 2:25:37 AM

Thank you!! However, before I make any additions, I am not completely sure what I should put in my own registry since your text obviously includes examples, such as Path values, LastFile1 or 2 or 3 values, and InitialPosition. I also am not sure what the meaning or function of "dword" is. Would you clarify those things for me? I don't have much experience editing the registry. Thanks.
April 3, 2011 4:51:13 PM

kc0886 said:
Thank you!! However, before I make any additions, I am not completely sure what I should put in my own registry since your text obviously includes examples, such as Path values, LastFile1 or 2 or 3 values, and InitialPosition. I also am not sure what the meaning or function of "dword" is. Would you clarify those things for me? I don't have much experience editing the registry. Thanks.


"Path"= {enter folder where photo editor is installed}

Remove "LastFile" and "LastType" entries

DWORD means it is not a text string (inbetween "") but a binary value

After you have corrected the keys you can import the file with regedit.exe
April 5, 2011 5:30:14 AM

Thank you. I'll make sure I know exactly what I am doing and then do it.

April 5, 2011 11:24:39 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!