Closed

Photoed.exe

Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos, but can't
find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about photoed

    Nospam wrote:
    > Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos,
    > but can't find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.

    Photoeditor is a part of MS Office XP or before - NOT MS Windows XP or MS
    Office 2003 and after.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
  2. Quote:

    Working in Win XP SP2. I like photoed.exe for working with photos, but can't
    find it in a new install. How do I install it? Thanks.

    You can just copy the PhotoEd files from your old computer.
    If you don't have them anymore, I can make them available.
    But it does not work well with Windows 7: il will not load large horizontal photos...
  3. I want Microsoft Photoeditor because of (1) its transparent color tool, which allows me to choose a color to make transparent and then choose to make colors within 3%, 5%, or 10% also to be transparent, and (2) its smudge tool, which lets me choose a smudge brush of any of several shapes, sized from 1 pixel to 50 pixels, with a choice of edge size or solid brush, amount of pressure, and amount of feather. (Smudge tools in other free programs I have tried are less precise and less neat than the one in Photoeditor.)
    Does any other program, either included in Windows (especially 7) or available as freeware or open source software, have those two abilities?
    I copied the PhotoEd folder from an earlier version of Windows, but I have to do something to the registry before I can use it ("No file format information can be found in the registry."). Does anybody know what changes I can make to the registry or to the contents of the folder to make it usable in XP and 7?
    The stupidity of Microsoft in not including it in later versions of Windows is immense beyond description.
  4. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\File Options]
    "MRUImportType"=dword:00000004
    "Path"="H:\\mattie"

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\Microsoft Photo Editor]
    "LastFile1"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0743s.JPG"
    "LastType1"="jpg"
    "InitialPosition"=" 30, 30, 1279, 823, "
    "StatusBar"="1"
    "RepaintBg"="1"
    "ProgressRate"="200"
    "BackColor"=" 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "
    "Show"="1"
    "MDIMAX"="1"
    "LastFile2"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0740s.JPG"
    "LastType2"="jpg"
    "LastFile3"="H:\\mattie\\IMGP0734s.JPG"
    "LastType3"="jpg"

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\Tool Bar]
    "Visible"=dword:00000006
    "left"=dword:00000022
    "top"=dword:00000049
  5. Thank you!! However, before I make any additions, I am not completely sure what I should put in my own registry since your text obviously includes examples, such as Path values, LastFile1 or 2 or 3 values, and InitialPosition. I also am not sure what the meaning or function of "dword" is. Would you clarify those things for me? I don't have much experience editing the registry. Thanks.
  6. kc0886 said:
    Thank you!! However, before I make any additions, I am not completely sure what I should put in my own registry since your text obviously includes examples, such as Path values, LastFile1 or 2 or 3 values, and InitialPosition. I also am not sure what the meaning or function of "dword" is. Would you clarify those things for me? I don't have much experience editing the registry. Thanks.

    "Path"= {enter folder where photo editor is installed}

    Remove "LastFile" and "LastType" entries

    DWORD means it is not a text string (inbetween "") but a binary value

    After you have corrected the keys you can import the file with regedit.exe
  7. Thank you. I'll make sure I know exactly what I am doing and then do it.
  8. This topic has been closed by Buwish