Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Asus 6950 Direct CU not recognizing 2560x1600 resolution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 8, 2011 10:16:18 AM

Hey guys,

I just finished building my new system.
I installed all windows 7 updates, got the newest catalyst drivers (11.10) but my Asus 6950 Directcu II won't allow my 30" Dell 3008WFP to go above 1920x1200.

I have a dual link DVI cable and my monitor was working fine on my old machine with the same cable.

One thing that I think may be the problem is I am using a Asrock z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard. The end of the card seems to press up against the sata connections on the motherboard and I'm not sure if that is stopping the card from going all the way in. Would I even be seeing anything if this were the case?

If its not that I am completely puzzled as to what the problem might be.

System Specs:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
PSU: Corsair AX 1200
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
Graphics card: Asus 69502GB Directcu II
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x 4gb 1600mhz
HDD: Crucial M4 128GB & W.D Caviar Black 1TB

Anyone have the same issue or have any idea on how to fix it?

Cheers

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2011 2:08:54 PM

Simple solution:

The card has two DVI ports, one of them can send a dual link signal, the other only single link.

As resolutions above 1920*1200 need dual link, you are probably just using the wrong DVI port.

I know this because I have a 6970 DirectCUII
Share
November 8, 2011 7:19:57 PM

N.Broekhuijsen said:
Simple solution:

The card has two DVI ports, one of them can send a dual link signal, the other only single link.

As resolutions above 1920*1200 need dual link, you are probably just using the wrong DVI port.

I know this because I have a 6970 DirectCUII


I did try both ports, and I have my monitor drivers.
Although when I tried the other port i didn't reboot, I just changed it over, do you think I have to reboot to get the resolution?
Score
0
Related resources
November 8, 2011 7:32:52 PM

Quote:
Windows resolution cant be changed as well ?
is there some sort of monitor driver for this ?


I haven't tried a game, it's the windows resolution that won't go above 1920x1200. Running widows 7 64bit
Score
0
November 8, 2011 7:33:38 PM

Quote:
Windows resolution cant be changed as well ?
is there some sort of monitor driver for this ?


I haven't tried a game, it's the windows resolution that won't go above 1920x1200. Running widows 7 64bit
Score
0
November 8, 2011 7:56:28 PM

If you install all driver need to monitor and agp, but still can not get resolution what you need it.
Please double check this.
Monitor spec, DVI can go up to 2560 but HDMI can not go up to 2560 i think they are limit to 1920,
If you are on DVI but can not go up higher spec or spec that show on monitor, please try this.
go to display properties and Monitor
2nd box said "Monitor Settings"
Unchecked "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display"
This will bring up more resolution for your monitor.
Good luck~
Score
0
November 14, 2011 11:22:43 PM

N.Broekhuijsen said:
Simple solution:

The card has two DVI ports, one of them can send a dual link signal, the other only single link.

As resolutions above 1920*1200 need dual link, you are probably just using the wrong DVI port.

I know this because I have a 6970 DirectCUII


This solution was partly right, only one of the DVI ports does support dual link, but on this card there is a little switch you have to switch over to turn it into a dual link dvi port. Once I did that it worked.

Score
0
November 14, 2011 11:23:04 PM

Best answer selected by Didiremy.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 8:30:20 AM

Forgot about that, I remember now.

Glad to have helped... somewhat
Score
0
December 8, 2011 10:10:28 AM

didiremy said:
This solution was partly right, only one of the DVI ports does support dual link, but on this card there is a little switch you have to switch over to turn it into a dual link dvi port. Once I did that it worked.


I have exactly the same problem, same card, same resolution, very similar motherboard! I have tried everything I could think of, but I am desperately blocked at 1600x1200 on a monitor that supports 2560x1600 (and works perfectly fine on my older PC with a 5850).

Could you please give me more information about that secret switch on the graphic card? I would be *very* interested to learn more about that.
Score
0
!