Custom Built Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyanathan86

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hello, was going to purchase a new custom built pc soon and have been doing alot of research into the "guts" of today's desktops. I believe.. for the amount of money I am going to spend.. i have created a pc that will last for a good two years of service. BTW I would like to play Shogun 2 at Ultra settings so if any who read this could tell me their opinions if i can play on max-out settings with this mod it'd help me out alot :)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

30 percent overclock

Cooling fan:yberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ Dual Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Slient at 18dBA)

Motherboard:[CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

SSD:32 GB Kingston SSDNOW V100 SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 160MB/s Read & 70MB/s

Memory:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory(Corsair Dominator)

Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
(HIS IceQ X Turbo 920MHz)

Power supply: 800 watts

Hard drive : 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

There are a few other additional features but not important to the settings of the game.
I would be building this pc in the Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower and would have lots of room for upgrades.
Price:1672.00
A little over my range but can manage.

Please post what you guys/girls think of this setup :D

Solution
Ok I can see Three changes that should be made. One is the SSD drive. Even though it is good not enough GB a 64 or 120 Is the best way to go or wait and buy one later. Now number two is the Power supply (PSU) If it is the same as mine don't get it.

That PSU will peak at 800w not constant. I will give you a link the list of PSU's from very good to very bad brand names. So you can try to match them up. Number 3 get the 1600Mgh for the ram anything under that is to slow.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

You don't need to OC anything you can do that your self I know because I did it. Not hard to do. Plus you will save money. I see one more thing liquid cooling your CPU is good and your GPU's as well but I would go with...

kellyanathan86

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I didn't add this in the information above but was wondering if the Video card was high enough to play Shogun 2 at Ultra settings should i either Sli two of the AMD Radeon HD 6870s together orr go for a single 6900's??

DM186

Splendid
Ok I can see Three changes that should be made. One is the SSD drive. Even though it is good not enough GB a 64 or 120 Is the best way to go or wait and buy one later. Now number two is the Power supply (PSU) If it is the same as mine don't get it.

That PSU will peak at 800w not constant. I will give you a link the list of PSU's from very good to very bad brand names. So you can try to match them up. Number 3 get the 1600Mgh for the ram anything under that is to slow.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

You don't need to OC anything you can do that your self I know because I did it. Not hard to do. Plus you will save money. I see one more thing liquid cooling your CPU is good and your GPU's as well but I would go with just your CPU.

You will later down the line be upgrading your GPU's. A big case like yours and mine. I put a lot of fans in, three after I bought it a total of 7 fan's. These are just suggestions.

If you want to get one 6950 or 6970 now you would be able to pay on ultra. But for sure with two 6870's in cross firex. My GTX 550 Ti's let me play Shogun 2 on ultra and the 6870 is a better than my cards. That is my favorite game if you look at my avatar you will see. Any questions repost and I will try to help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.