Gameshark Forums

I've been trying to get through to the forums on www.gameshark.com for four
days, and all I ever see is the message "Forums are closed for maintenance,
check back later." "Maintenance" my ass! There is no maintenance that
takes four days, and if it was really maintenance they'd have some idea of
when it would be completed, instead of the rudely uninformative "check back
later" message.

Their forums server probably broke down. Judging by how slow their web site
is, they must be maxing out their inadequate hardware 24 hours a day.
6 answers Last reply
More about gameshark forums

    Adam Corolla wrote:
    > I've been trying to get through to the forums on www.gameshark.com for four
    > days, and all I ever see is the message "Forums are closed for maintenance,
    > check back later." "Maintenance" my ass! There is no maintenance that
    > takes four days, and if it was really maintenance they'd have some idea of
    > when it would be completed, instead of the rudely uninformative "check back
    > later" message.
    >
    > Their forums server probably broke down. Judging by how slow their web site
    > is, they must be maxing out their inadequate hardware 24 hours a day.

    The forums have been down for months. I doubt they are coming back...

    "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
    > Adam Corolla wrote:
    >> I've been trying to get through to the forums on www.gameshark.com for
    >> four days, and all I ever see is the message "Forums are closed for
    >> maintenance, check back later." "Maintenance" my ass! There is no
    >> maintenance that takes four days, and if it was really maintenance they'd
    >> have some idea of when it would be completed, instead of the rudely
    >> uninformative "check back later" message.
    >>
    >> Their forums server probably broke down. Judging by how slow their web
    >> site is, they must be maxing out their inadequate hardware 24 hours a
    >> day.
    >

    > The forums have been down for months. I doubt they are coming back...

    They were back up for a while! I posted that message on there (and read
    other messages) last week.

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:15:55 -0500, "Adam Corolla"
    <nospam@nospam03550265902.com> wrote:

    >I've been trying to get through to the forums on www.gameshark.com for four
    >days, and all I ever see is the message "Forums are closed for maintenance,
    >check back later." "Maintenance" my ass! There is no maintenance that
    >takes four days, and if it was really maintenance they'd have some idea of
    >when it would be completed, instead of the rudely uninformative "check back
    >later" message.
    >
    >Their forums server probably broke down. Judging by how slow their web site
    >is, they must be maxing out their inadequate hardware 24 hours a day.

    Pretty lame really. Datel closed the CodeJunkies forums over a year
    ago and now MadCatz kills the GameShark forums. Do you get the
    feeling that neither company has any interest whatsoever in supporting
    their own products?
  4. How do you support something that is unhackable like the Sony Ps3 and the Xbox360. When Sony and Microsoft made their new systems they made sure to shut down the cheat device businesses in the processs
  5. Gravedigging, FTW!
  6. And for the record: nothing is unhackable

    Cheat devices constantly overwrite sections of RAM whenever the given address is changed. There is no way to discriminate that from the game itself writing data to RAM. Therefor, it is always possible to cheat.

Console Gaming Video Games