Pcie graphics for hp dc7600

Hi I am trying to interface my HP DC7600 to my Panasonic digital TV and I am looking for a low power low profile PCIe graphics card to support either the 1366x 768 resolution and or a full HD compliant card. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Aidan
8 answers Last reply
More about pcie graphics dc7600
  1. A good low profile card for full HD videos, low profile design and low power consumption would be the AMD Radeon HD5570. If you are on a tight budget, one step lower would be the HD5450 also by AMD Radeon. One step above would be the HD5670. But, I reckon the sweet spot would be the HD5570. It'll do the job just fine.
    Unless of course you have a preference for Nvidia. In which, the little GT220/520 will do the job. Both perform better than the HD5450. A little more cash to spend would present you with the GT240.
    Hope this helps. ;)
  2. Just for HTPC, right? then any card that support HD will suit you, HD5570 is good, just like 100100 said above... It's a low profile card and low power consumption, you still can do some gaming on that card.. :)
  3. But wait, is this your PC?
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12253_div/12253_div.HTML

Which one?
    I need more detail before suggesting furthermore...
  4. wa1 said:
    But wait, is this your PC?
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12253_div/12253_div.HTML

Which one?
    I need more detail before suggesting furthermore...

Yes I clicked on the URL and that is exactly my PC, however I only need it for general PC work DVDs and youtube NOT GAMES.
    AidanH
  5. If you don't need it to play games, AMD Radeon's HD5450 and Nvidia's GT220 fits your bill. They are designed specifically for that purpose and are quite cheap. :)
  6. Hi Thanks for the reply but both those card require 400W + power supply otherwise they look just the Job, do you have any suggestions for lower power requiements.
    Regards AidanH
  7. Don't worry. Those ones will be able to run with a power supply well below 400W. While it is recommended, both will run just fine on a >200W PSU. :)
    The GT220 has a max power requirement of 58W and the HD5450 only 19.1W. So unless your CPU has a TDP of 150W, you're good to go.
  8. Hi I have an ATI X300 PCIe graphics card and it works ok on the VGA connection to the TV at 1360*768 so I tried it on the HD port using a DVI to HD cable and at both 720p and 1080i the displayed information was bigger than the TV screen quite a bit wider and slighter higher such that it was almost impossible to navigate round the PC as the Icons were off the display. I went through all the TV settings and there was no adjustments relavent to the problem. I wonder if it is possible to somehow set the output of the PC to set the proper screen size. I would have thought that HDMI would have been a standard making the screen size fixed. Any ideas would be welcomed.
    Regards AidanH
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics