PS3 SUPPOSEDLY $800

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 18, 2005 1:36:09 AM

Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
too much for some people.

More about : ps3 supposedly 800

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:36:10 AM

steven wrote:

> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> too much for some people.

yeah, I wouldn't pay $800 for a person

:o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> too much for some people.

Yeah right. Where's that from?
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:36:10 AM

"steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> too much for some people.

Dont bogb the doobie steve, pass that puppy over this a way
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:36:11 AM

Fred Liken wrote:

> "steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
>
> > Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> > too much for some people.
>
> Yeah right. Where's that from?

from the 'please buy an xbox 360' fan club?

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 18, 2005 6:34:41 AM

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
>
> > Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats
way
> > too much for some people.
>
> Yeah right. Where's that from?

No way will it cost that much Sony are too smart to alienate that many
people. Pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap, just like the games.....
June 18, 2005 8:59:30 PM

actually just read its $500 not pounds so the price of PS3 in UK is probably
around the £400 mark.

What do people think of that price point??

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
>
>> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats
>> way too much for some people.
>
> Yeah right. Where's that from?

June 19, 2005 12:07:09 AM

> actually just read its $500 not pounds so the price of PS3 in UK is
probably
> around the £400 mark.
>
> What do people think of that price point??
>
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> > "steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats
> >> way too much for some people.
> >
> > Yeah right. Where's that from?

$500 is just over £270 at rhe moment, so that sounds about right. I would
guess it will be about £300 on release.
June 19, 2005 12:39:50 AM

steven wrote:
> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> too much for some people.

source?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:39:51 AM

"mikel" <mikel68@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> steven wrote:
>> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats
>> way too much for some people.
>>

> source?

His ass.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 3:24:46 PM

"steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com>'s wild thoughts were
released on Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:59:30 +0100 bearing the
following fruit:

>actually just read its $500 not pounds so the price of PS3 in UK is probably
>around the £400 mark.
>
>What do people think of that price point??

Streching my memory but wasn't the PS2 £400 on first
release? I know I paid a fair whack for mine.

My bet is on £400 too, although lets hope I don't have to
spend another god knows how much on other essentials such as
a memory card.

>"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>> "steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats
>>> way too much for some people.
>>
>> Yeah right. Where's that from?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
Wedding Ring: A small tourniquet. It cuts off circulation (Stan Kegel)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:50:46 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> steven wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> > too much for some people.
>
> yeah, I wouldn't pay $800 for a person

Depends on the person. I'd pay $800 for Elizabeth Hurley. ;)
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:13:00 AM

control_z@hotmail.com wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > steven wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> > > too much for some people.
> >
> > yeah, I wouldn't pay $800 for a person
> >

> Depends on the person. I'd pay $800 for Elizabeth Hurley. ;)

I think that's a little steep. A fiver and a bag of cheesy wottsits
and she's yours

:o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:45:47 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> control_z@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Depends on the person. I'd pay $800 for Elizabeth Hurley. ;)
>
> I think that's a little steep. A fiver and a bag of cheesy wottsits
> and she's yours

If you really do own Elizabeth Hurley, aren't you supposed to be
negotiating DOWN, not UP?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:19:36 AM

control_z@hotmail.com wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > control_z@hotmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Depends on the person. I'd pay $800 for Elizabeth Hurley. ;)
> >
> > I think that's a little steep. A fiver and a bag of cheesy wottsits
> > and she's yours
> >

> If you really do own Elizabeth Hurley, aren't you supposed to be
> negotiating DOWN, not UP?

she's getting a little frayed round the edges. I have a Courtney Love
going cheap too. She's kind of blurry and has holes where she
shouldn't have any
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:36:34 AM

steven <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote:
> Does anyone think that this is too much for a console??? i think thats way
> too much for some people.

Don't you think posting unsubstiantiated rumors with no source and/or
reasoning attached is just a waste of time?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:23:38 AM

steven <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote:
> actually just read its $500 not pounds so the price of PS3 in UK is probably
> around the ?400 mark.

Again, without a link, you're just pulling stuff out of your butt.

Based on the PS3's specs, it's going to be $300 in the US, maybe $350-400
in the UK, at launch.

I know Sony talks about how the PS3 is going to be an "Entertainment
computer" but so far, they're just making a game machine. To justify a
higher price than $300 at launch, they'd have to provide next-gen. DVD
compatibility (be it Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD), DVD burning capability, and
rudimentary media-center functionality all seamlessly integrated together
with an easy-to-use UI that is also internet/intranet aware.

So, no, US$300 at launch. Convert into pounds and round up. That's my
guess.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:22:41 PM

Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>'s wild thoughts were
released on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:23:38 -0000 bearing the
following fruit:

>steven <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote:
>> actually just read its $500 not pounds so the price of PS3 in UK is probably
>> around the ?400 mark.
>
>Again, without a link, you're just pulling stuff out of your butt.
>
>Based on the PS3's specs, it's going to be $300 in the US, maybe $350-400
>in the UK, at launch.
>
>I know Sony talks about how the PS3 is going to be an "Entertainment
>computer" but so far, they're just making a game machine. To justify a
>higher price than $300 at launch, they'd have to provide next-gen. DVD
>compatibility (be it Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD), DVD burning capability, and
>rudimentary media-center functionality all seamlessly integrated together
>with an easy-to-use UI that is also internet/intranet aware.
>
>So, no, US$300 at launch. Convert into pounds and round up. That's my
>guess.

No don't convert to pounds. Just take the US price and it
will be the same in pounds. We get ripped of on electronic
goods.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
A good pun is it’s own reword.