Sign in with
Your question

WRT54 V5 will not connect to 192.168.1.1 so I can go into the router and do my s

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 24, 2011 5:23:40 AM

Sir,
I cannot get into the router to put settings in it that I need to do. 192.168.1.1 does not work. My router is a WRT54G V5. I have had this problem before and it is very discouraging to keep this product if it is going to act this way. I want a http address to get into this router. Please send it to me so I can continue to use this product, thank you and have a good day.

Tom Johnson
April 24, 2011 6:13:14 AM

If you have a DSL, disconnect the router from the modem and try 192.168.1.1 again. Should this work that means that the modem and you router are trying to use the same IP for configuration and I would change the router LAN IP to 192.168.0.1

To check your router's IP look up your computers gateway, make sure you are connected via network cable.

So go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.1.1. Type exit to close the black form.

m
l
!