• Fractal Design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xigmatek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OwenNRX70

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
It would be intesting to find out what people who have had more pc building experience than me consider the best brand.
I won't put Seasonic on as that would win

Hmm.

I've heard good things about the BeQuiet! brand...however never used em. XFX seems better than they used to be. Corsair is decent. Antec is definately one of the top ones though.

No love for PC Power and cooling?

Or Seasonic or Enermax or FSP or Superflower

OwenNRX70

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

I said why I didnt put Seasonic and the other 3 didn't fit on the list

Enermax is one of the best PSU mfrs out there. FSP slipped up with the Everest line back in 2008, but it's Aurum Gold is an awesome PSU. Superflower's Green series PSUs are also oustanding. I would definitely put enermax at the top of the three I mentioned, but the other two are putting out some great price/performance PSUs right now.

Well I guess I haven't been reading much about those lately. The last time I saw an FSP and SF's PSU - both were toasted (at different times of course).

You kind of did , XFX uses only Seasonic as thier oem.

I've used 6 of the brands mentioned
Going by what I've used the most of ; Antec
Going by longevity ; Corsair
Oh damn, most of both were Seasonic inside
Seasonic wins :kaola:

skaughtz

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I have never used anything but Antec power supplies, and I have never had a power supply fail me.

Reliability is the name of the game.

I only buy Seasonic and Antec (some Seasonic, some Delta). I've put a lot of 380W Earthwatts out there, and none have failed. My primary PC has a Seasonic X-560 in it, but the "best" PSU I have is an Antec SG-650.
I'd use Corsair or XFX (most are Seasonic-built), and Enermax is also good; so are the new FSP and Super Flower-built units (e.g. Rosewill, NZXT).

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I'd say Corsair, seasonic and XFX are the absolute best, but OCZ is definitely the best value for money, got a ZS 750w and it works v-nice.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Never had a thermaltake fail, nor one of their fans for that matter, 5+ years on a cooler, currently on 24/7 htpc.

Currently running OCZ 1200W. was on sale, $50 cheaper than the TT.