Sign in with
Your question

RAM Compability Question

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
February 26, 2013 3:13:11 PM

I'm considering buying these G-Skills RipjawsX modules for my PC build (the 2x4GB version). I was just wondering about compatibility.

I will be using an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with an i5 3570k CPU. I noticed that the particular modules that I am considering buying are not on the motherboard manufacturer's Qualified Vendor's List. However the 4x4GB RipjawsX version with exactly the same frequency, timings and voltage is on the list, so presumably I should be OK?

I understand that the QVL is not some sort of bible by the way but I'm a bit apprehensive as this is my first build. Also I thought it was a bit odd because if you follow my link above to the G-Skills web site, the modules I want to buy are on the list of the P8Z77-V PRO, DELUXE and PREMIUM but not the standard P8Z77-V.

Also with regards to the height of the RipjawsX modules they don't look too bad so I take it I should be OK for some aftermarket CPU coolers?
March 11, 2013 5:57:31 PM

I can't promise it, but I think you're fine. I did virtually the same thing with gskill ram and an asus board for my first build. Worst case scenario, you might have to spend some time back and forth on the phone with gskill and asus to get it working right, but they both have good phone support.

As far as coolers, you should also be fine.

Good luck on your first build. What an exciting time!
March 20, 2013 4:24:56 PM

BadPeteNo said:
I can't promise it, but I think you're fine. I did virtually the same thing with gskill ram and an asus board for my first build. Worst case scenario, you might have to spend some time back and forth on the phone with gskill and asus to get it working right, but they both have good phone support.

As far as coolers, you should also be fine.

Thank you for the reply, in the end I went with 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue LP 1600MHz [CML8GX3M2A1600C9B] . The standard profile was on the qualified vendors list and from my understanding, the low profile version is the same RAM. Anyway its been working perfectly fine. Haven't bought an aftermarket cooler yet but I don't think I'll run into many problems with the RAM and case (Fractal Design Define R4) configuration as it is.

BadPeteNo said:
Good luck on your first build. What an exciting time!

Thank you, I was both pleased and releived that everything went smoothly once I'd received all the components!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 22, 2013 12:00:36 AM

Hello,

gskill ram and an asus board both work fine for you situation,it's helpful in speed provider.
March 22, 2013 2:53:14 AM

What should I do if my computer memory reference is required error
March 25, 2013 1:02:15 PM

ferhat said:
What should I do if my computer memory reference is required error

You should start a thread and ask your question there, as per forum guidelines.
!