Revenge of the Sith Problems

I just bought the game and looked around for this question to be
answered somewhere else. I could not find it.

When I insert the disk, it begins to load up, it gives me the title
screen and then the screen with the lava looking stuff. It then goes to
a black screen and does nothing. I cannot hear the disk being accessed,
etc. It will not load past that point.

This is the older model PS2 but not the oldest.

Thanks for any help in advance.

ARR

mo

"ARR" <not_gonna_fall_prey_to_spam@stickitupyourarse.al> wrote in message
> I just bought the game and looked around for this question to be
> answered somewhere else. I could not find it.
>
> When I insert the disk, it begins to load up, it gives me the title
> screen and then the screen with the lava looking stuff. It then goes to
> a black screen and does nothing. I cannot hear the disk being accessed,
> etc. It will not load past that point.
>
> This is the older model PS2 but not the oldest.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.

Have you swapped it at the shop? Unless it's doing the same thing for two
disks, the most obvious thought is that the data on the disk is
corrupted/unreadable for some reason. If all your other games are fine,
that seems the most likely cause.

Yea, that is what I thought. I am on my second disk and it gives me the
same problem. At first, I thought it was the PS2. But, I tried another
game and Madden 05 worked and other games worked too. So, I am going
to take THIS one back and swap it again. I am not sure though if a
large quantity of the same title could be screwed up.

Thanks for the reply!

Arr

> Yea, that is what I thought. I am on my second disk and it gives me the
> same problem. At first, I thought it was the PS2. But, I tried another
> game and Madden 05 worked and other games worked too. So, I am going
> to take THIS one back and swap it again. I am not sure though if a
> large quantity of the same title could be screwed up.
>

> Thanks for the reply!
>

> Arr
>
> mo wrote:
> > "ARR" <not_gonna_fall_prey_to_spam@stickitupyourarse.al> wrote in
message

> >>I just bought the game and looked around for this question to be
> >>answered somewhere else. I could not find it.
> >>
> >>When I insert the disk, it begins to load up, it gives me the title
> >>screen and then the screen with the lava looking stuff. It then goes to
> >>a black screen and does nothing. I cannot hear the disk being accessed,
> >>etc. It will not load past that point.
> >>
> >>This is the older model PS2 but not the oldest.
> >>
> >>Thanks for any help in advance.
> >

> > Have you swapped it at the shop? Unless it's doing the same thing for
two
> > disks, the most obvious thought is that the data on the disk is
> > corrupted/unreadable for some reason. If all your other games are fine,
> > that seems the most likely cause.

I had a similar problem with Burnout recently, and it took me three swaps
before I got one that worked properly on my PS2. everything else was fine
except that one game. Weird.

I literally have the oldest version Playstation and it plays fine on mine.
You might have a bad disc or it's time for a new console.
TS

"ARR" <not_gonna_fall_prey_to_spam@stickitupyourarse.al> wrote in message
> I just bought the game and looked around for this question to be
> answered somewhere else. I could not find it.
>
> When I insert the disk, it begins to load up, it gives me the title
> screen and then the screen with the lava looking stuff. It then goes to
> a black screen and does nothing. I cannot hear the disk being accessed,
> etc. It will not load past that point.
>
> This is the older model PS2 but not the oldest.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
>

> ARR

Well, this is what I found out... My controller was bad. I tried to
play another game, just to make sure that my console was bad. When I
loaded up Vice City, the guy was running around in circles. Now, up to
this point, I had not had any problem with any of the controllers I own.
So, I unplugged it and tried to load up Sith with ONE controller. No
problems. I really was amazed that a bad controller would not allow the
game to load because I had no problems loading up other games.

Thanks for all of your help!

> Well, this is what I found out... My controller was bad. I tried to
> play another game, just to make sure that my console was bad. When I
> loaded up Vice City, the guy was running around in circles. Now, up to
> this point, I had not had any problem with any of the controllers I own.
> So, I unplugged it and tried to load up Sith with ONE controller. No
> problems. I really was amazed that a bad controller would not allow the
> game to load because I had no problems loading up other games.
>

> Thanks for all of your help!
>

> tedsallis@bellsouth.net wrote:
> > I literally have the oldest version Playstation and it plays fine on
mine.
> > You might have a bad disc or it's time for a new console.
> > TS
> >
> > "ARR" <not_gonna_fall_prey_to_spam@stickitupyourarse.al> wrote in
message

> >>I just bought the game and looked around for this question to be
> >>answered somewhere else. I could not find it.
> >>
> >>When I insert the disk, it begins to load up, it gives me the title
> >>screen and then the screen with the lava looking stuff. It then goes to
> >>a black screen and does nothing. I cannot hear the disk being accessed,
> >>etc. It will not load past that point.
> >>
> >>This is the older model PS2 but not the oldest.
> >>
> >>Thanks for any help in advance.

Wow. Never heard of that before. I wouldn't even have thought to check
that either.