DP67BG Slow POST

phantompooper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hello all!

I have just completed building my new PC and installing Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Windows runs fine, and I am in the midst of installing updates, however the BIOS screen/POST screen takes 30 to 45 seconds before the computer starts loading windows. Windows then proceeds to load in ~12 seconds. I don't have anything unusual plugged in to the USB ports, just a P&P mouse and keyboard. Any advice would be incredibly helpful!

Here is my system for reference:

The New Parts:
Intel 2500k @ stock 3.3ghZ
Intel DP67BGB3 Extreme Series Motherboard
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 G.Skill RAM
HP dvd1260i 24x DVD RW drive
Corsair TX750 v2 750-watt PSU

The Old Parts:
EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512mb GDDR3 (to be replaced by a to-be-decided 28nm GPU)
Samsung 250GB 7200rpm SATA HDD from ~2006 (ran SMART utilities on Windows/Ubuntu and it is healthy)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+6+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Desktop+Board+DP67BG

Click on the link and find the download for your BIOS. Try updating and see if it makes it any faster.

Also one more thing - I would try the following:

Boot your system with just the board, video card, processor and one system memory module (use the blue slot closest to the processor) (and of course the hard drive).