Sign in with
Your question

DP67BG Slow POST

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2012 4:32:34 PM

Hello all!

I have just completed building my new PC and installing Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Windows runs fine, and I am in the midst of installing updates, however the BIOS screen/POST screen takes 30 to 45 seconds before the computer starts loading windows. Windows then proceeds to load in ~12 seconds. I don't have anything unusual plugged in to the USB ports, just a P&P mouse and keyboard. Any advice would be incredibly helpful!

Here is my system for reference:

The New Parts:
Intel 2500k @ stock 3.3ghZ
Intel DP67BGB3 Extreme Series Motherboard
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 G.Skill RAM
HP dvd1260i 24x DVD RW drive
Corsair TX750 v2 750-watt PSU

The Old Parts:
EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512mb GDDR3 (to be replaced by a to-be-decided 28nm GPU)
Samsung 250GB 7200rpm SATA HDD from ~2006 (ran SMART utilities on Windows/Ubuntu and it is healthy)

More about : dp67bg slow post

a b B Homebuilt system
January 6, 2012 6:30:11 PM

I'm no pro at this sort of stuff, but have you updated all your drivers (including motherboard ones), if you haven't, go do that now. New software for the motherboard may speed it up...
m
l
January 6, 2012 7:53:42 PM

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

Click on the link and find the download for your BIOS. Try updating and see if it makes it any faster.

Also one more thing - I would try the following:

Boot your system with just the board, video card, processor and one system memory module (use the blue slot closest to the processor) (and of course the hard drive).
m
l
!