Sign in with
Your question

Enabling onboard for dual display - asus p8b75-m

Last response: in Motherboards
February 26, 2013 7:04:07 PM

Hey gang, I have an asus p8b75-m motherboard and I would like to enable the onboard graphics card to use for dual display in conjunction with my video card, a GTX 650. My CPU is an i5 3330. Is this possible? Thanks.

a c 106 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 26, 2013 7:55:16 PM

You should just have to plug in one monitor to the card and one to the mobo. You may need to enable igpu multi monitor. I have seen a situation with another asus mobo that you had to install virtu for it to run the igpu. Although on my asrock z68 I do not have to.
m
l
March 5, 2013 2:04:06 AM

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm not sure how to enable the igpu multi monitor...and there is no option in my bios to turn my integrated graphics card back on, I can't even see it in my device manager.

If I can't see it in my bios, am I hooped?
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 5, 2013 2:34:37 AM

There is no option to turn it on or off. You won't see it in device manager without it being on. The multi monitor option is in bios: advanced>system agent config>graphics config.
m
l
June 9, 2013 5:20:41 PM

thanks again for your help guys, this seems to be working. When dual-display is enabled, will I still experience graphical slowdowns in games even if the monitor is turned off? Cheers

Krzysztof Chodak said:
ASUS site states it supports virtu: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8B75M_LX/#specificati...
Multi-GPU Support: Supports LucidLogix® Virtu™ MVP Technology
exactly: advanced>system agent config>graphics config
works for me

m
l
a c 106 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 9, 2013 9:04:08 PM

You shouldn't have graphical slowdowns but turning off the monitor makes no difference. Other than unplugging, the gpu still sees a monitor and outputs to it.
m
l
June 10, 2013 2:45:21 AM

Thanks, that's good news. I'm actually having trouble finding a way to enable duplicate displays - I get the following options when I open up my control panel and navigate to my display settings:

-Extend these displays
-Show desktop only on 1
-Show desktop only on 2

No desktop duplication available :( 

Please help me, Hobbes! Cheers.

k1114 said:
You shouldn't have graphical slowdowns but turning off the monitor makes no difference. Other than unplugging, the gpu still sees a monitor and outputs to it.

m
l
a c 106 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 10, 2013 9:55:24 AM

You can't duplicate over different gpus. Why did you even want to run the igpu?
m
l
June 10, 2013 5:24:31 PM

k1114 said:
You can't duplicate over different gpus. Why did you even want to run the igpu?

Nuts. Well I have back problems and sometimes watch movies lying down, my monitor is suspended at a 90 degree angle. It should be fine though, I just need to change the display to monitor two before I switch.

Thanks for your help
m
l
a c 106 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 10, 2013 6:21:13 PM

Just didn't want to get an adapter to put both on the 650?
m
l
!