Enabling onboard for dual display - asus p8b75-m

sneakysloth

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hey gang, I have an asus p8b75-m motherboard and I would like to enable the onboard graphics card to use for dual display in conjunction with my video card, a GTX 650. My CPU is an i5 3330. Is this possible? Thanks.

You should just have to plug in one monitor to the card and one to the mobo. You may need to enable igpu multi monitor. I have seen a situation with another asus mobo that you had to install virtu for it to run the igpu. Although on my asrock z68 I do not have to.

sneakysloth

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm not sure how to enable the igpu multi monitor...and there is no option in my bios to turn my integrated graphics card back on, I can't even see it in my device manager.

If I can't see it in my bios, am I hooped?

sneakysloth

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
thanks again for your help guys, this seems to be working. When dual-display is enabled, will I still experience graphical slowdowns in games even if the monitor is turned off? Cheers

sneakysloth

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks, that's good news. I'm actually having trouble finding a way to enable duplicate displays - I get the following options when I open up my control panel and navigate to my display settings:

-Extend these displays
-Show desktop only on 1
-Show desktop only on 2

No desktop duplication available :(

Please help me, Hobbes! Cheers.

sneakysloth

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

Nuts. Well I have back problems and sometimes watch movies lying down, my monitor is suspended at a 90 degree angle. It should be fine though, I just need to change the display to monitor two before I switch.

Thanks for your help