Sign in with
Your question

Sound card help!!! bass redirection!

Last response: in Components
April 18, 2012 3:37:04 AM

i have an old creative SB0680 sound card and it runs totally fine but i cant find a way to enable bass redirection. creative has so support for this card on their site and i cant find any 3rd party software to help me, even AC3 filter wont work. im running windows XP pro SP3 and i really need some help to get by sub going! i can verify it goes by plugging it into different channels. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
April 18, 2012 8:08:56 AM

Did you set your card to output 5.1? My Creative experience tells you that they don't offer 2.1 or 4.1. You can use only 2.0, 4.0, 5.1 (of more.1). So if it's .0, you cannot use the jack with the bass.
m
l
April 18, 2012 8:56:04 AM

mathew7 said:
Did you set your card to output 5.1? My Creative experience tells you that they don't offer 2.1 or 4.1. You can use only 2.0, 4.0, 5.1 (of more.1). So if it's .0, you cannot use the jack with the bass.

+1 I have an X-Fi card (OEM XtremeGamer) and even though the control panel SAYS it can do 2.1 and 4.1, it can't (or won't, anyway), and you can only enable bass redirection in 5.1 and 7.1. I use the 5.1 setting and mute the rear and center channels, to get what is effectively 2.1. I'm guessing that may not really help you much because I have a completely different card and I'm using Win 7 x64, but maybe it translates.
m
l
Related resources
April 19, 2012 8:44:45 AM

its totaly set up 5.1, the bass goes, but barely, its all through the front channels, rear goes fine. i just need a program to enable bass redirection on my sound card.
m
l
April 19, 2012 9:16:32 AM

Hi there,

In order to properly use Bass Redirection in Windows 7 you will need to configure your speaks as not being Full Range (otherwise Windows and your sound drivers will ignore the subwoofer). You can do this by opening up your sound mixer, going to play back devices, right click on speakers, select "configure" and then go through the menus until it asks you to select the full range speakers. Deselect them all unless you know otherwise.

Bass Redirection as configured in your creative console should now work. You can verify this by using the "test" function in the audio control panel (right beside configure) as well as in the creative console

Good luck!
m
l
April 20, 2012 6:30:32 AM

nonono, im on XP, and unless i can find an old version of creative console that supports my card, i have no mixer. i cannot find a single quality mixer that will work and let me enable bess direction.
m
l
!