Church AV Ministry needs

dstauty4christ

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Has anyone ever built/needed/purchased a desktop that was able to be mobile with ease? Trying to make a decision for our Church AV Ministry and a desktop is less expensive and has more options/power capabilities then a laptop.

I have run AV for church for nearly 15 years, and while I hate to say it; go buy a mac.
I hate mac. I lothe using macs. I hate their slave labor, I hate their design, I hate their preppy sub 25 year old marketing/hiring practices, I hate their employee fanboys, I hate just about everything there is about Macintosh. But for Church AV, especially if there are days when you may not be running the system yourself, then pick up a Mac mini and a copy of ProPresenter, and find a good cheap keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and never look back.

As much as I HATE to say it, there is simply no good/easy to use software for the PC. Even the new PC version of pro presenter isn't as nice to use as the mac version. Plus all the silly church people with their iPods can hook in easily to play their music over the system during presentations. It is the single, and only case, where buying a mac is worth it. If pro presenter gets the bugs out of their PC version I will change my mind in a flash, because it is really about that program, not the OS.

g-unit1111

Titan
I hate mac. I lothe using macs. I hate their slave labor, I hate their design, I hate their preppy sub 25 year old marketing/hiring practices, I hate their employee fanboys, I hate just about everything there is about Macintosh.

I hear ya, I had a Powerbook and really liked it for a while but then I became really tired of OSX's software limitations.

As much as I HATE to say it, there is simply no good/easy to use software for the PC. Even the new PC version of pro presenter isn't as nice to use as the mac version. Plus all the silly church people with their iPods can hook in easily to play their music over the system during presentations. It is the single, and only case, where buying a mac is worth it. If pro presenter gets the bugs out of their PC version I will change my mind in a flash, because it is really about that program, not the OS.

Really? There's no easy to use presentation software? I find that hard to believe.

And you can use iPods and iPhones in a PC, I've switched my iPhone from my Mac to my PC on multiple occasions.

Has anyone ever built/needed/purchased a desktop that was able to be mobile with ease? Trying to make a decision for our Church AV Ministry and a desktop is less expensive and has more options/power capabilities then a laptop.

Well there's a couple of options you could go with. The first would be a mini-ITX build and the second would be maybe a portable Micro ATX build using a case with a handle but I can't seem to find the one I'm talking about.