EVGA Warranty / Step-Up / Upgrade

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I am planning to buy a EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2Win. I know EVGA has a lifetime warranty.
The step-up program states that I can step up within 90 days. I understand that part.
But imagine my 560 Ti 2Win fails on me in a few years. Will I be able to return it and then receive a better video card like a GTX 680 or 780 or something like that?
Or will I receive a 560 again, which is gonna be no use when the GTX 800 series comes out :|

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
That's a good question, I have actually never heard of an eVGA card that has a lifetime warranty fail on it's own without stupid user error.

I would suspect that they would send you a card with similar performance? Read the entire warranty document to figure out what they would do and let us know.

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Yes they state that it will be of equal performance. So I will be getting a similar card back.
I hope I will be able to pay the price difference and get a better card :)

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
At this point, you might as well wait until the end of December to decide. If no new cards of interest are on the horizon then by all means purchase your butt off, but there is a chance we could see some nice new cards by the end of the year.