Sign in with
Your question

Whats better water cooling or air cooling for my AMD FX 8150

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2012 8:36:03 PM

hello, im looking for a cpu cooler for my AMD FX 8150.. my computer case is a Raidmax 238WU.. So im looking for a cooler that will fix my case and is good for my Amd..
Is water cooling better for my AMd 8150 or air cooling,

Can you please post links of the product that is best,. i might over clock a bit and i heard AMD FX 8150 gets really hot.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 6, 2012 8:51:00 PM

No need to double post...However, I recommend you get a liquid cooling for the FX-8150 because the case may have some bad airflow with an air cooler installed...This is a good water cooling system by corsair:
Corsair H-60
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Cooling-Hydro-High-Perfor...
m
l
January 6, 2012 10:09:37 PM

hnijhar said:
hello, im looking for a cpu cooler for my AMD FX 8150.. my computer case is a Raidmax 238WU.. So im looking for a cooler that will fix my case and is good for my Amd..
Is water cooling better for my AMd 8150 or air cooling,

Can you please post links of the product that is best,. i might over clock a bit and i heard AMD FX 8150 gets really hot.

Don't bother with Pseudo closed loop CPU water coolers instead the best bet is always to get recommended high/er end air Cooling and to be honest a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ would be lots of Air cooling performance for an 8150FX at 4.5ghz.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 6, 2012 10:10:51 PM

You're somewhat correct, however, the case may hinder the air flow through the case and actually make it not as effective.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b À AMD
January 6, 2012 10:12:25 PM

If the 8150 benchmarks are any indication, you're best off with a phase change system
m
l
January 6, 2012 10:12:51 PM

r0aringdrag0n said:
You're somewhat correct, however, the case may hinder the air flow through the case and actually make it not as effective.

If there is a place to mount 120mm rad for an H60 there room for plenty of air flow for a good air cooler for the CPU.
m
l
January 6, 2012 10:16:05 PM

Radeon RED TEAM FTW !
m
l
January 25, 2014 10:54:26 PM

[/quotemsg]
Don't bother with Pseudo closed loop CPU water coolers instead the best bet is always to get recommended high/er end air Cooling and to be honest a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ would be lots of Air cooling performance for an 8150FX at 4.5ghz. [/quotemsg]

+1 All in one water coolers are a waste of money. If you want water cooling, I'd recommend building it yourself. If not, air cooling is less of a hassle and works nearly as well.
P.S. Contrary to popular belief, the AMD FX series does not get extremely hot. I've had two and build three other systems with them. Not a fan boy -- only talking about heat here. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (not plus) works very well.
m
l
!