Black screen after crusor blink.

MegaStrike

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hello,
I have been having this issue for a couple days now.Every time when I'm using my PC,I just suddenly get a black screen so I turn off the PC and when I turn it on again,it won't boot.Not even into bios,it just won't display anything.I fix this by removing the RAM and putting them again a couple of times(sometimes it can last for an hour).I have had this issue before but it was like every couple of months,now its every single day !

Specs:
Intel Celeron D 3.06Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7050/nforce 610i

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I think that your pc starting after removing and reinstalling the ram may be coincidental.
How does the inside of your case look dust wise?
If there is a large amount of dust inside your CPU's heat sync or fan, it may be overheating and shutting down. If that's the case give it a good cleaning and see how it runs after that.

normaly i would say the bios has either lost the hdd due to a failing battery or the hdd itself is failing... either can cause random shut downs.
try enabling smart in bios for the hdd and make sure the date and time are correct when you turn on the pc after a few hours or when you get up in the morning...
if the date and time are off then the battery needs replacing.