Should I wait to build this?

mtrotchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Okay, so I've posted twice before this about building my first computer. First I stated I wanted a decent gaming computer for $625 and then in a second thread I realized I would have to increase by budget to $1000 for what I want. This would mean I would have to save for another 2-3months. Should I slowly buy each part over the next 3months ? Or should I buy them all at once when I have the money because any/all of the parts be obsolete compared to newer models coming out till then.

friendlyhobo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Buy them all at once. If you buy them one by one over the next few months, by the time you have all the parts, their prices will have gone down and you could have built an even better system for the same amount. Just save the money and buy the parts later.

mtrotchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

Oh, or should I buy the things like the computer case/SSD/HDD now because those aren't likely to be obselete anytime soon... (or will they??)

friendlyhobo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I don't know much about SSD pricing trends as I haven't been in the market for an SSD. The case you can likely get now with no worries of major price drops or obsolescence. HDD I'd personally wait for since HDD prices seem a bit excessive at the moment, though there is no telling when they will go back down so your guess is as good as mine on that.