Component -- Color is fine then poof

I bought a component cable and plugged it in. The games played fine
for several weeks, but now everything is fading in and out of being
super sharp and then UGLY.

Can anyone help?

Do you have your cables hooked up directly to your TV set or are you going
through a receiver or something else? It sounds as you are describing a
macrovision problem. Are you using a game that is 480p? You can also try
asking at http://www.hdvarcade.com