Sign in with
Your question

Mouse and Motherboard problem

Last response: in Motherboards
February 27, 2013 12:34:43 AM

The problem I am having is when I try to use the software that came with my mouse (the place you go to change macros, colors, etc.) I get a "mouse not recognized" message, but if I just plug it in, windows will install their drivers and I can use the mouse just fine (i.e navigating, clicking, web surfing). Also the mouse has firmware that you go to the website to download and I get the same message when I try to install that.

I have tried umpteen different things to resolve the problem; uninstalling then reinstalling the software and firmware, uninstalling the drivers that Windows 7 provides (under mouse and other pointing devices in device manager), used every single USB port that I have on my computer front/back and 2.0/3.0, and unplugged my computer from the power supply for 15 minutes.

The reason I think this is a mobo problem is two-fold, this has happened to me with the previous mouse I had (brand new), and my current mouse works on my laptop with no problems.

I have all the latest drivers and BIOS for my mobo. The first mouse was a Cyber Snipa, and this one is a Gigabyte Aivia Krypton. Both my desktop and my laptop run on Windows 7 64bit. If you have any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability, thanks for any help.

I will also post a overview of my system specs below
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UCPq6KqwcOFpG2qt2sVH...
a b V Motherboard
February 27, 2013 3:01:21 AM

Why do you need a seperate mouse driver at all ? Is the windows default mouse driver not enough ?
m
l
February 27, 2013 1:28:36 PM

SPEED94 said:
Why do you need a seperate mouse driver at all ? Is the windows default mouse driver not enough ?

No its not enough when I need access to the software to set macros and other functions that my mouse has.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2013 3:24:28 AM

dalinkwent said:
No its not enough when I need access to the software to set macros and other functions that my mouse has.

Tried updating the mouse driver via hardware manager ?
m
l
February 28, 2013 10:12:47 PM

SPEED94 said:
Tried updating the mouse driver via hardware manager ?

I contacted ASRock and they said that the USB controller may be faulty so Im going to just RMA the board and get a new one, thanks for the reply's I appreciate it.
m
l
!