Mem. Drivers or Mobo issue?

alex275706

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

Here is the description of my hardware before I explain the problems. And I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

MOBO:MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 (with UEFI Bios)
Mem: G.SKILL Value 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor
Graphics: HIS Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1gb ddr5
OS Windows 7 64 bit

I realize that my processor could use an upgrade and that's next on the list of priorities but anyways, I just got the vid card. a couple months ago and that upgrade went seamless. I recently bought the mobo about a month ago and it came with the above ram for free with purchase. I admit that my knowledge in this area is slightly above average so my issue could be as simple as out dated drivers or possibly damaged hardware. But I've recently been getting BSOD's after turning my comp on the next morning: "system service exception" "page fault in a non paged area" "IRQL not less or equal" and "PFN list Corrupt" have been the error messages I've been getting. Also sometimes I will boot and my screen will just be blank as if it failed and I have to hit restart again and that usually works. I'm also getting the codes A3, B4 and 99 in the bottom right corner of my screen consistently when I boot. I'm going to run a memtest tonite and see what the results are and I will post as well. I'll also add that throughout all of this, my computer is not completely unfunctional. After i get thru all of these bsod's and about a billion restarts in the morning, it will run fine for the rest of the day. I just want to know if my mems corrupt so I can just replace it while I can or It's something that can be tweaked that I failled to see. Again your help is greatly appreciated.

alex275706

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Well I just ran a memtest overnight and I got an error message: "Copying between 7e99fe3 and 7e99e83 did not result in an accurate copy" "memtest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM" So I'm just gonna return the bad stick for another since it's under warranty still.

alex275706

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Just an update for people out there with the same issues. Replaced memory and everything runs like a dream. Not a single error code or BSOD. Thanks to everyone who checked out the thread and to scout_03